Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missflippins

I won't do it again

missflippins
12 years ago

I know I cut the corner off at least one of the blocks! Now I know to watch for that though. Oh well, it's a gift and I'm sure the recipient probably won't even notice. I'm not especially proud and think it rather loud, but I thought I'd show it anyway. I changed the way I have been connecting the binding and at least didn't have the little lumpy thing at the join. Corinne

Comments (13)

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I think it is lovely. Imperfect corners don't bother me in the least. They remind me of things made by hand with love. I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it.

beverly

• bee0hio
    12 years ago

It's bright & cheerful. You did a good job!

But.... as to the "I won't do again"
    I myself wouldn't make that vow. Haven't you ever sewn something wrong, ripped it out, & sewn it EXACTLY the same *wrong* way the second time around? I sure have! Especially when doing the final connection of the binding. Fact is,,, I've sewn & ripped it *3* times on binding connections!! Done a few miss-cuts & repeated it too! LOL!---> That's all you can do... just laugh (& take a rest).

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Been there, done that, and will probably do it again.
    We can only try to remember our flubs and hope to not repeat them.
    Theresa

• day2day
    12 years ago

Corinne, I don't see anything wrong with it.The colors go well together and the blocks look great.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Very nice, Corrinne! I took a class for the Square in a Square ruler and we made that block.

Bee, that's exactly why I don't cut anything after joining the binding ends until I unpin it and make sure I sewed the right direction! LOL

Donna

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Corinne,
    I wouldn't have even noticed the cut off corners if you hadn't mentioned it. Most people look at the "whole" design, and wouldn't see imperfections, unless they were a judge at a quilt show. When I first opened this thread, my eyes were drawn to two things...the red border, and the pinwheels inside the squares.

Such a lovely pattern!

What is the other item with a purple border peeking from the top of the photo?

Julie

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

'I won't do it again' yeah been there and done that and ended up doinging it again, just because I was determined it was going to be right the next time around! Never say 'won't' ... you may eat your words!!

• missflippins
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments! I was really kidding - I know I'll do it again and probably worse, although I'm trying to be more careful now. I'm just so anxious to learn more before the garden starts up and I won't have much time for quilting.

Julie, that's another runner peeking out behind it. This runner was for myself and a trial run at meander quilting. That's another story! My doggy quilt is now finished, but if I post a picture of it you will need your sun glasses - for sure.

Thanks again.

Best wishes - Corinne

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Great colors, Corrine! If I ever made anything perfect, I figure my time is up!!!

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Ooooo! I like it! My sunglasses are on and ready for the doggy quilt! LOL
    Linda OH

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I love it. Those colors really work. Nice job.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I love it! I love bright happy colors!
    No big deal on the losing a point or two - it happens!

Are you finger pressing the bias seam open on your binding after you join the ends? Sometimes I hit it (press) with the tip of my iron before I fold it for the big finish. No lumps.

You are doing great!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

I think you did a great job and it looks lovely, even if it is not your color choice. I'm sure the giftee will love it. And if she is not a quilter, I'm sure she will not miss the missing point. LOL