Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

30's repro baby quilt - pics

mary_c_gw
13 years ago

I made this one a couple of months ago. It was intended as a baby quilt, but was sitting on my red leather sofa, and the cats liked it. So now it is the cat quilt.

Comments (14)

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Very pretty Mary. I can see why the cats like.lol. Your quilting is perfect as always. TFS. Jayne

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Another great one. Love the colors.

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Love the fabrics and love the quilting!

Kate

• nannykins
    13 years ago

And I like the pattern

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's a simple pattern - just 1/2 square triangles around a center square. I made this one in a 9" completed block size.

• polardream
    13 years ago

OH that is so cute! It looks like a friendship star pattern with the white center & outsides of the HST. I really like the variagated thread - nice touch!

Sue

• barbara_l
    13 years ago

I think Sue and I are on the same page. Thanks for sharing.

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

Shhhh, my cats will hear you, and they'll be demanding equal services.

• day2day
    13 years ago

Lovely quilt. I like the variegated thread with the repro fabrics. Nice quilting too. TFS.

~Geraldine

• fran1523
    13 years ago

I love it too. Does the pattern have a name or is it on Quilter's Cache?

• bee0hio
    13 years ago

I love it! TFS

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Lucky cats! I really like the colors and design in your quilt and really really like your quilting.

• nannykins
    13 years ago

I checked out Quilter's Cache and I think it is the pattern called Ribbon Quilt Block. I am printing it out.

Theresa

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I saw this quilt in a Connecting Threads catalog, so I never looked up the pattern. The catalog did call it "Ribbon Quilt".

It turns out they made 6 inch blocks. I made 9 inch blocks. Like I said it's just 8 half-square triangle blocks around a solid center.