Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trail run quilt time

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 12:47

I am starting earlier on my trail run quilts this year. The run is the middle of Oct, but I have started working on patterns. Once again I will be doing 6 quilts for male and female winners of each of the 3 races. I think I will do simpler ones this year.

For the 5K winners a jelly roll quilt something like the ones from last year:

photo DSCF2736_zps3701ea8f.jpg

For the 10K a "sticks and stones" quilt like this, but in greens and creams:

Sticks and stones photo DSCF2089.jpg

And for the half marathon, a depression block in greens and creams:

Rachel's quilt photo CIMG0003.jpg

Of course, Sylacauga Bill (the turtle) would be somewhere on each one.

What do yall think? These will be so much easier than the pine tree from last year.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trail run quilt time

Looking good! You certainly know how to keep busy.
Sue

o

Great choices ~ let us know if you want some help!
I enjoyed making & sending you my little contribution last year of green and cream HST's .

Look at this cool Black & white and green quilt I just saw.
You could put a turtle in place of the circles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Envy

o

That's a neat pattern Marsha!
And yes, Grammy, if you need help. let us know.
Theresa

o

Beverly, all the quilts are great! An easy pattern is a smart idea! My fav is the green - that turtle is just so darn cute!!:)

o

If you need some help, I'd be happy to pitch in...just say the word. The depression block in greens and creams w/ Bill in the corner is a cute idea. .

I love that green with envy pattern ...giving me another idea to add to the to do list!

V.

o

Love the Green Envy quilt! Might have to do that at some point.

Will be glad to help with your Run quilts, Beverly! Just let us know. I can send cut fabrics or simple blocks to help out.

Teresa

o

Fantastic. I rarely commit to more than one and I'm behind on that one now!
LindaB/CA

o

I think your ideas are all great, Beverly. Let us know if we can help in any way.

SharonG/FL

o

I fell in love with the turtle too!!! Beverly must never sleep with all of the gorgeous quilts she makes.

Marsha, I was going to take a quick look at the pattern, and there are 32 pages of FREE projects!! I love the green with envy pattern.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here