Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Hello Sun' Block of the Month

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 12:43

My friend Kris and I are doing an online block of the month. It is free and so cheerful. It is machine appliqued with a straight stitch.
Is anyone working an online BOM?
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Hello Sun pics and link to BOM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Hello Sun' Block of the Month

Those are cute!

beverly

o

That is sooooo CUTE!!
Wish I didn't have a stack of things to do right now. But I saved it!

o

Cute, Linda! And very cheerful.

I'm not doing any BOMs but I'm doing an online class with Quilt University. Hope to finish the project this weekend.

Donna

o

That is such a cute and cheerful block, it makes you smile. Quilting obviously has never ending possibilities!

Best wishes - Corinne

o

Yes, I've been posting mine as the January and February BOM thread. --Amy

January

Photobucket

February:

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: February BOM

o

Amy, yours are cute, too! Love the gingham background! :)

Donna

o

That is so adorable! Do you put something behind the appliqued pieces or is it just the cut out fabric? I would love to give that a try. I just think that would make some child so very happy.

Best wishes - Corinne

o

Thanks everyone, they are fun to do.

Amy, I must have missed your post on the other thread. I saw your blocks on the Flicker group but didn't know it was you. I like your background fabric and satin stitching.

Corinne, I used Wonder Under on the applique pieces. I didn't use any stabilizer but was wishing I had when I was working on the snowman. I cut the background a bit larger than needed and then cut it down after doing the appliques.
We would love to have you join us. There is a Flicker group for sharing pictures.

Linda OH

o

Thanks Linda, I like yours too! These are all so cute, I was so glad to have found that one!

Since I had light fabrics and a bright background, I used Steam A Seam II and some batting behind them to keep the blue gingham from showing through. Normally I just use Steam A Steam II on fusible applique and have been happy with the results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here