Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I feel like I just found the end of the rainbow...

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 12:32

At the doctor's office this morning I was talking quilting, what else, with one of his staff, and she told me about a quilt shop just a mile away. This shop does most of its business on-line, but is also open for retail. I had never heard of it. Well, of course, I had to stop in (work can wait for another 15 minutes).

Oh, my gosh. It was fantastic! I love Asian fabrics, and there were hundreds of beautiful patterns. And batiks - wall after wall of fabric bolts. A whole rack of "food" patterns. And on and on. I was blown away. I can't imagine having this resource so close to home - only 20 minutes - it's actually the closest shop to me.

Their on-line address (which many of you might already have) is www.mybluebamboo.com . I can't wait to go there to actually shop. I need fabric for my baby turtle quilt pattern that I bought in Hawaii. I have no connection with this shop and I can't recommend them as to their on-line service, etc., because I have no experience with them, but I can say that their fabrics are wonderful.

Better get back to work, but I wanted to let you all know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I feel like I just found the end of the rainbow...

You are just having great luck after great luck!!!! I have nothing in our little rural area, but I looked at them online, great shop!!!
Rosa

o

Wow, how cool Lois! I've been on their website many times through the FabShop Hops.

Have fun!

Donna

o

I know just how you feel. I felt the same way when the new quilt shop opened up around the block from me last month. I'm still so excited, I offered to work for her...very part time...if she ever needed any help. It actually sounds like she might call.

o

What an awesome find! And to have it so close, too. What a nice surprise.

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here