Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Machine Embroidery Artist Wanted

Posted by wynative (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 12:29

I have been ask to make a quilt for a new baby and have a great idea (IMO) But the theme is Minnie Mouse and I need an applique of a 'Fairy' Minnie. I need it to be about 7" tall and 3/4" wide. Kind of like the Tinker Bell one's that you see, with a wand.

If you are interested in trying something like this, please contact me.

Thanks in advance,
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Machine Embroidery Artist Wanted

Hi Marie,

While I don't want to quash your creative design ideas, you're facing a few problems.

The Disney characters are copyrighted - one can't simply alter them for commercial use. I understand that you would probably only use them on this one quilt, but anyone who produces the designs for you is at risk of lawsuit.

The other issue is the actual digitization. I have digitized a few original designs myself, and while I admit I'm not an expert, I'm in the "more than a novice" category. This is a labor-intensive operation! Many hours, even for an embroidery over applique type design.

But if anyone is willing - I'm certainly not going to tattle, LOL! It's just a complicated issue, with many aspects to consider.

o

Let me look on my machine and see what designs it has on it. It has a bunch of Disney designs built into it and I do know it has Minnie in the list. There are some sites were you can download (for a fee, so you pass the copyright issues) Disney patterns. I think the Brother site has a bunch (I've used it in the past).

I'd be happy to help you out, just let me know what you'd like to do. I will get back this evening with what I found on my machine already (it is a Duetta 4500D). I will see if there is a site that has the list of what is on it, too.

Robbi

o

I'm not finding anything online that is on my machine, but I did find this image (not digitized). Is this what you had in mind?

BTW, were your measurements correct, 3/4' wide?

Robbi

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Minnie

o

Robbi - OMG that is PERFECT!!! I will message you : )
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here