Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Year mystery quilt top completed - finally!

Posted by toolgranny (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 11:19

I've done very little sewing lately as I empty and remodel a house after death of MIL. But, I did finally get this off my table. The remodel added additional furniture to an already cramped house and I had to absorb two dressers into my sewing room so I do have more storage even if it's tight in here.

This was the mystery Theresa and I started over New Years. It finished about 60" x 72" with borders. Colors are brighter than this shows, all Civil War type fabrics. But, you'll get the idea. It won't be quilted for awhile and will reside in a drawer till needed.

Now to get back to my Mom's blue quilt.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Year mystery quilt top completed - finally!

Oh, that is lovely! It does look good in CW fabrics.
My blocks are still waiting to be sewn together, so you win the prize for first finished because Calliope is still working on hers too, I think.
Theresa

o

Very nice! That's the same block Lois won in the Lotto, isn't it? Looks entirely different in your setting.

Donna

o

It does look good in Civil War fabrics. Good luck with the remodel, they can be very stressful.

beverly

o

It is lovely. Great pâttern for those Civil War fabrics.
TFS.

:Geraldine

o

Not exactly the same pattern but very close. I had to draw it out to check. This is a nine patch while the Lotto block is a 4x4. Isn't it amazing how blocks can be so similar ?
Theresa

This post was edited by nannykins on Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 15:55

o

I think it's lovely! Congrats on finishing this top and thanks for sharing a pic of it.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Very beautiful, traditional-looking quilt. It looks so comfy. Nice work.

o

Very nice! I really like those fabrics with that pattern.
Linda OH

o

Wonderful. Congrats on a completed piece. One day soon you'll get the urge to quilt it and we'll get to see that too. I love this forum.
LindaB/CA

o

That's really a pretty quilt, and wonderful fabric choices. I finished sewing my blocks together last night, and am thinking of putting a border on it today. I arranged my blocks a little differently and it creates a different pattern. I took the instructions literally as well about fabric choices and mine is wild scrappy. Even a little scrappy for my tastes, but it's growing on me. I loved this pattern, and am likely to make it again, using maybe four fabrics. Glad I joined in on the mystery, it was fun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here