Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Tandem quilt (picture heavy)

grammyp
12 years ago

Here she is, in all her glory. I echo quilted the applique, then just did some "flowing" quilting to represent air flowing. I wanted the quilting around the applique to be the focus and think it will once it is washed.

The front:

The back:

The label:

Some of the echo quilting:

Some of the quilting from the front:

Now, on to my next project.

beverly

Comments (25)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Very, very cool, Beverly!!!

Sure to be a hit with everyone!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

That's just beautiful. I can't seem to make my scrappy look good like yours. Maybe I stand too close. Good job. I know your bikers will love it.

• day2day
    12 years ago

A beautiful finish.
    It will be a hit at the tandem event.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

You made all the right choices. It's wow, wow, wow: wow for the top, wow for the applique and wow for the quilting!

Kate

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Beverly, your tandem quilt is just great. The biker applique is so creative, as is your quilting. I love the quilt pattern, Jewel Box, I believe. Your choice of fabrics for the jewels was perfect - all deeply colored, even thought some were light colors. Good job all the way!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I love it! So creative. The tandem applique is so smart.
    The quilting is perfect. Of course, the front scrappy is very appealing.

How are you going to top this for next year?????

You must be so excited~and you finished it a month early!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

It came out just perfect! The applique on the back really shows it off and the Jewel box pattern is beautiful. I like you idea of quilting to get the feeling of the wind.

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Magnificant job!

You are an inspiration, and I hope I can accomplish a project as lovely as yours someday in the far-away future!

Julie

• bozogardener
    12 years ago

I love the minimalist applique It is so sculptural. Beautiful job!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Beautiful job! The colors stand out so well on the white background.

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Beautiful - the front, back, applique and the quilting.
    I love the applique pattern. It is so minimalist. You have put me in the mood for a nice applique wall hanging.
    Vasu

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Wow, it's great Beverly!

Donna

• lola99
    12 years ago

Your quilting is fantastic and is the right touch to finish a beautiful quilt!

• missflippins
    12 years ago

Lovely, lovely quilt! This will be on my "must do" list when I'm a little more confident. Echo quilting? Don't know what that is, but I sure like the way you're quilting turned out. I'm off to see if I can find a Jewel Box pattern.

Best wishes, Corinne

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

What a beauty! Lots of effort, talent and hard work went in to it and it is a show stopper!

Gwen

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Gorgeous quilt, Beverly! Sure to bring lots of joy.

Dee

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

That was a real adventure. You did a wonderful job from planning to finishing. It has been fun to see your progress and choices which appear to have been the perfect ones. You must be very proud of a job so well done. TFS

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I must admit I was scared to death I would mess up the quilting and have to start over with 3 weeks to go. I'm planning next year's quilt, and we aren't even sure we will host the weekend. I was thinking of printing the graphic on fabric for snowball blocks and use the snowball/9 patch, then every one could sign a block (and I wouldn't have to applique).

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: snowball/9 patch

• susan_on
    12 years ago

I really, really love that quilt! Beautiful!

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

It came out beautiful!! That would be something I would love to have if I was in the event. I'm sure many will feel the same way.

Robbi

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Love it! Beautiful color choice.
    Darlene

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful Beverly!! It is reversible!
    Rosa

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

Oh WOW! How neat the finish product looks. Nice job.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Beverly your Jewel Box Tandem Quilt is beautiful. Thank you for inspiring me to start a Jewel Box scrap quilt with WOW fabric.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• fran1523
    12 years ago

I can't believe I didn't see this post sooner. That quilt is awesome...the pattern, the colors, the applique, and the quilting is the frosting on the cake. Great job.