Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bee0hio

I thought I was getting a new machine...

bee0hio
13 years ago

On Friday I was free motion quilting a table runner on my 40 year old Sears Kenmore machine. (I am quite the novice @ FM.) For the past few days I've heard a "bird chirping in it", but when I would call my husband in to listen to the machine, it would stop chirping. Isn't that always the way?

So I had been sewing for a while & had the intermittent chirping, & was pretty close to finishing when the machine wheel on the right just locked up... froze with the needle in the fabric. I thought, well that's it. Time to buy a new sewing machine. I immediately started looking on-line & comparison shopping.

When dh came home I told him what happened & he says, "Well buy a new machine. We don't have anything else around here still functioning after 40 years - except us." He gave this one to me our first C-mas after marrying, so it is special to me.

I called my bff & fellow quilter & shared the sad/happy news. We talk machines & plan to go shopping together. She is even more excited than I.

Later in the evening my dh, a renowned Mr-Fix-It, decides to tear into the machine. He found the culprit, a bearing that needed grease, not something you would normally access for routine maintenance. He gets it put back together & it is purring like a kitten!

When I told my bff, she was sooo disappointed in an amusing way. She said, " I thought after we talked that ... just watch he'll look into it & fix it."

Comments (5)