Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? 2/25-26

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I am digging through my stash looking for light and dark brown and green fabric. I want to cut it with the Go! Drunkard's Path die to make a quilt I saw at www.maryquilts.com.

Are you starting a new project this weekend?

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Drunkard's Path and Circles quilt

Comments (15)

• bev2009
    12 years ago

That is a fun block!

In between cleaning, I am readying the fabric for a baby quilt from the fabric in the link below. I just love this fabric and the girl is expected in the next couple of weeks, so I've got to get hopping.

I also hope to make my March blocks for lotto.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoo's in the forest

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Interesting quilt, Linda!

I'm still working on my QU project. Just finished the thread painting so will layer and quilt it this afternoon. I've really enjoyed the process but am ready to be done with it and move on! :)

Donna

• calliope
    12 years ago

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am sewing on a new quilt top. I have all the lotto blocks made up to September, and I kept looking at "Roberta's Jewels" and succumbed to temptatation. I took my three and started adding to it and am up to block seven now and all pumped up.

Kate picked a slew of really good patterns for the lotto, all of which I wouldn't mind having a quilt from. I will admit Bento isn't one of them, but it's still a very neat block, I'm just more into traditional.

I got to thinking about the jewel box quilt, and laughing because I just started into 'leaders and enders' lately and if someone is doing those, a jewel box quilt like that is a really wonderful place to use them! I'm really cleaning up on my scraps with this one.

Hopefully, when I finish the top, I can replace the three I stole out of my lotto blocks. LOL.

• loisflan
    12 years ago

I have my City Lights sandwich all quilted and am in the process of binding it. I am machine stitching the binding rather than hand stitching it for the first time. The binding and the border are both solid black, so I figured this was a good time to try it. Quite forgiving. I hope to post a photo yet this weekend.

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

I had to put the bordered diamonds top away for awhile, was getting aggravated. I used some small strips left over from that top and made a pretty potholder, plus I'm thinking about all those strips I have from so many previous projects and thinking a real scrap log cabin or a string quilt is in the near future. Don't worry, I'll get back to the bordered diamonds after I cool down a little, there's only been one project that I've ever completely abandoned in my quilting life, and I still have that one stowed in a bag in the closet (tree of life with some very sad-looking applique on it). I don't like not finishing something I've started, it's a hang-up I have. But this weekend I started cutting back some winter-burned perennials in the butterfly garden, some of the lower leaves are peeping out already and it's a real eye-sore.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I am quilting and having so much fun! Last night I finished the mini quilt to go with the teddy bear and today I finished the bear! I think he needs a pair of sunglasses to complete his Key West look.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

kate, That is sooooo cute! And the sunglasses would be perfect. lol

I've been sewing! The Chocolate (Brown) Stars have a lot of the sashing sewn and just want to make sure the blocks are set good. Remember the monochromatic blocks I started last October? I finished a set of purples today to go with the reds, yellows and greens that were already completed......sometimes working on a UFO is almost like working on a new quilt. lol

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: GW link

• karpet
    12 years ago

For many years I've tried to be disciplined and finish what I'm working on before starting something new. But, last weekend I had a surge of quilting energy and it has kind of carried over to this weekend. I got a batting and a backing pieced together for a top I finished last weekend. A couple weekends ago, I had a moment of weakness and bought 2 kitchen bags full of shirting fabric scraps, so I also started piecing together one of two trees than are going to be appliqued on background fabrics, and then, instead of finishing those, I moved on to starting a spider web quilt from those same shirt scraps. (I also have plans in my head for a curved log cabin and a diamond quilt like the one posted earlier this week.) So many scraps, so little time! And my back is sore!
    Karlene

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I haven't sewn yet, but yesterday baby & I went to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest in Hampton. Spent the day wandering, seeing friends, and spending money.

Went with a list and couldn't do most on the list, but some. Picked up blacks/whites/yellows for a baby quilt needed the end of March. Got 2 sets of jelly rolls and a purse pattern (not sure which color scheme to use); a piece of batik for a jacket pattern I've had for awhile; and 2 pre-cut mini quilts from John Flynn. I have to say, I'm very anxious to start on these, but I have a workshop in 2 weeks that I need to prep for the class I'm teaching, and for the class I'm taking.

I hope to maybe today get borders on a longtime UFO so I can work on workshop stuff.

(I'll try to get pictures of stuff & of Show quilts posted today/tomorrow)

• day2day
    12 years ago

Kate, I love that quilt and teddy bear!

Yesterday, I sandwiched 2 quilt tops/batting/backing.
    I have both pinned, ready for quilting.
    Quilting these will be my first 2 goals for March month.
    Yesterday, I also worked on turning the binding to the back on my other quilt.
    I'm happy to say that it is done!

Today we are having our monthly meal out.
    First, I need to go for my daily walk and then get ready.
    We will be visiting with a relative before going to the restaurant.
    That will take up the best part of the day.
    Maybe I will get to my sewing room when I come back and rummage through my stash.
    I need to look for some coordinating fabrics for a panel.

~Geraldine

• nannykins
    12 years ago

No quilting but making curtains for my bedroom. Have to hang them today.
    Theresa

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Haven't had much time for quilting this weekend. But will be doing some applique in my lap while I watch the Oscars. Never miss that and can't sit for long without hand work.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Kate I love the teddy bear and blanket!

Not getting much quilting done this weekend. I stenciled some blocks this past week for my Grandmother's quilt and am embroidering them in pink thread. These are about 7.5" x 7.5" blocks and will interconnect all the stripping done on the top of her queen-size garden-themed quilt. Here's a pic of it:
    {{!gwi}}

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Sandra, Love those hearts and loop-de-loops! Have you used the FriXion pens for marking? I have red, blue and black.....would really like to find a white one. I see there's a pink one, too. Hope to see the quilt when it's completed.

I had a bad night so didn't get much sewing done today. Mindless sewing of 3 - 6 1/2" pink crumbs, finished up a few 6 1/2" blocks of 36 squares plus I went through some orphan blocks and sorted them into the same sizes.....sort of.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Today I was able to finish up two step-by-step samples for my QAYG workshop I'm teaching in March.

I got borders cut for my UFO and hope to sew them on tonight.

I was able to re-run a sample of an embroidery project.

I've hunted for a missing magazine.

Not bad for someone who doesn't get much time! And there might not be much more time in the near future...must put on my editor hat and edit a book for my friend in the coming days...her deadline nears very quickly!