Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Puzzle Picture

grammyp
12 years ago

I can't remember who asked, but here is the picture that is over my bed. It is a large puzzle we started at one of the quilt retreats. DH helped me finish it, then I had it framed and hung over the bed.

I can't remember where I found it, but I did a Google search for quilt puzzles.

beverly

Comments (13)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Those are beautiful framing & matting choices!

I see quilt puzzles all the time...just don't have the time to complete one, or the place to keep little fingers out while I work on it!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

That turned out beautifully. I'm glad you kept it. It's lovely.

• day2day
    12 years ago

Looks great. How many pieces?
    Great job on the framing.

~Geraldine

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Beautiful framing. My MIL is a puzzle freak - she has gotten a few framed that we have sent to her as gifts ~ a bazillion little pieces~LOL~I look for the most and smallest pieces.
    I think her frame shop used the liquid glue stuff poured over her puzzle. I think your puzzle looks much nicer with traditional mat and frame.
    What a nice keepsake from the Retreat! It is perfect for hanging over a bed with a beautiful quilt on top. It must make you smile every time you walk in the room.

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

It was me that asked, Beverly.

What a marvelous keepsake!

My Mom loves to do puzzles, but 500 pieces is her limit.
    She's never kept a puzzle together to frame, but after seeing how beautiful yours turned out, I have an idea...

Since I don't like doing puzzles, and since she DOES, maybe I can find a quilt puzzle that she can put together, then I can have it glued and framed!!!

Thanks for sharing the close-up!

Julie

• missflippins
    12 years ago

Your picture is awsome! I never gave much thought to a quilt puzzle before, but now I'll be on the look out for one. Looking at the second pic I wouldn't guess that was a puzzle. The framing job certainly did justice to the puzzle itself.

Best wishes, Corinne

• faintheart
    12 years ago

I really like this! Now I have an idea for the next gift giving occasion when the kids need ideas. Such a pretty puzzle and the frame setting is perfect!

Dee

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone, I think it was 1,000 pieces. I did coat it with the puzzle glue, certainly didn't want to hit a pot hole and mess it up. I had it framed at Hobby Lobby, they have always done a good job for me. I have a John Deere puzzle in the guest room, and a Farmall in the play room.

beverly

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

I found a number of them when I did a Google search but yours is the best. I love the muted colors and the ornate Singer.
    Vasu

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

MY DIL does puzzles all the time,it's part of her therapy after 2 brain surgeries.After she puts them together she decoupages them.and my son makes the frames for her.They look very good up on the walls,.
    She made one that she is going to give me after ds gets the frame made,it the N.Y. skyline at night when the twin towers were still there.Can't wait to get it.
    Kathi

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

The puzzle is just awesome and such a neat piece to have with your quilts or in your quilting area.

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I love that puzzle!! I love to do them and do have one framed. It is of 3 horses done in pencil that has a shadow of 3 cowboys hiding in their fur. I'd love to have a place in the house where I could leave a puzzle out and work on it when I walk by. We're working on putting in an additional window for one of our rooms in the next few weeks. Once I get some new furniture in there, I may be able to do that, too!!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. DH said he was never doing another puzzle like this one. The colors are muted and and the design is sort of unfocused. That makes it hard to match pieces. It took us 6 months to finish, but we both love it. When we are working on puzzles we sacrifice our dining room table. I have a piece of foam core board that I put the puzzles on and then I can slide it under the bed if I need to use the table. Since there is just DH and me at home now we can do that.

beverly