Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 7-8

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

Whoa, I almost forgot to post the weekend thread. My son and his family are on their way home for the weekend so no sewing for me. This will be the last visit from them for a while. Their baby is due the end of March so they won't be traveling till the new baby is older.
I haven't been sewing much this week. I had to work at the church on Tuesday and then buy groceries for the Rotary lunch that we will serve next week. I am on the February committee to cook for the Rotary Club's meeting at our church. They meet every Tuesday and the UMW serves lunch. They have been doing this since the 1940s. I have been on a committee since 1973.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (9)

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I hope to squeeze in an hour or so...but we have lot's of tree limbs to clean up after our ice storm...and then there's Olympic watching,plus a guest for dinner. I will do my best to sneak some time at the machine.
    I've got 25 out of 35 blocks completed for garden fence...it would be nice to finish a few more.

V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I'm hoping to get to a friends studio to hang out for a little bit...between scouting activities today.

I have one project laid out and waiting for me, and might come home from said friend's house with fabric for 2 more! lol (gotta love these kinds of friends!)

I'm hoping to sew during afternoon naptime when I'll be down 2 kids + 1 napping! and there's nothing on the schedule all day tomorrow, so maybe then too!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I hope to get some sewing in. Nothing going on that I can think of except watching Olympic happenings. I ran out of the dark green fabric (even though I thought I'd never be able to get rid of all of it!) I was using for the 'film' so am contemplating how to handle the rest of it. Riding by on a horse, I don't think a person will be able to tell the difference with what I have planned, so I think I'll just forge ahead. :-)

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    10 years ago

Yes.
    I just sandwiched and pinned my Chimneys and Cornerstones, ready for quilting.
    Hope everyone has a productive 'quilty' weekend.

~Geraldine

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Celtic Solstice...

I feel like I've been sewing this top forever!

Donna

• nannykins
    10 years ago

This past week I joined all 49 blocks In DGS 's quilt. Now I have to find a place large enough to lay it out so I can measure for borders .
    Yesterday I was getting "itchy" so cut some blocks for a Falling Charms quilt.
    Son is home from France for a quick visit on his way to Houston, Arkansas and Kentucky for business. So no quilting today.
    Maybe tomorrow after he leaves.
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I plan to spend this weekend tracing and cutting more fabric pieces for Granny Square quilt blocks and maybe spend some time reading a good book. Posting a pic of what I have managed to get cut out the past 3 weeks, ... I know it does not look like much, but is several yards of fabric now cut in to little squares.

Best to you,
    Sandra

This post was edited by quiltingfox on Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 14:44

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I spent several hours last night with one tiny pp section of my wallhanging. I'm surprised none of you heard the expletives.

Today I made the February lotto block. That went well anyway. I think I'll work on finishing the Chinese Coins quilts, but maybe I'll do some applique on the Peekaboo Monkeys quilt for our new grandson.

I don't know how you all switch from one machine to another so often. After three weeks with my Jem, I am stumbling with my 6600.

I called the LAQ where my daughter's quilt is being done. I guess you should never let her know that there's no hurry. We brought it there weeks before Christmas, and it's still not done. Two months seems like a long time, but I guess I'm spoiled. The woman I usually take my quilts to turns them around in a week or two. This one is getting a custom quilting instead of a panto.

We're going out to dinner with my husband's sister and her husband. I guess you know you're getting old when you go to the early-bird special. Have a nice weekend, everyone.

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I have 3 things to work on this weekend. I am putting the rows together on an Irish Chain, putting rows together on my Celtic Solstice and making some neutral string blocks to break up the monotony. This is the first weekend in a while that I have had free, so I am watching the Olympics and sewing away.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz