Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kay6271

March 2011 Block Lotto

kay6271
13 years ago

The block for this month is called "Nine O'Clock", and was chosen by quiltpartner. The colors for this month's block are kelly greens with a white background. Colors 1 & 2 should be the greens and Color 3 the white. This is a 10" finished block, so the blocks we turn in should measure within 1/4" of 10-1/2". PLEASE BE CAREFUL HERE! Some blocks have come in lately that weren't quite matching seams very well. Make your block of a quality you'd like to receive!

The pattern is located on quilterscache.com. The link to the pattern is below this message. Another message will follow with a link to the Google docs pages and a photo of this month's sample block.

Here's how the monthly lotto works...

One to two weeks prior to the first of the lotto month, the block pattern and colors are posted on the forum.

You may enter from 1 to 3 blocks. For each block you send, your name will be entered once.

Please put your blocks, along with a slip of paper with your real name, address, and FORUM name, inside a plastic baggie. (A return address label inside or on the outside of baggie works well too.)

Please include one dollar (this covers all blocks sent, NOT $1/block) to cover postage for sending on to the winner.

We ask that everyone only send their best efforts! We are not looking for perfection, but please take your time, have fun, and send only the quality that you would like to receive.

Please note the following guidelines:

Use 100% QUILTING cotton and please - no fur, smoke or fragrances.

Selvage edges should be trimmed off before cutting for blocks and all seams should be 1/4 inch.

Your finished block should be squared up to be no less than 1/4 inch smaller nor 1/4 inch larger than the stated (unfinished) size for the month.

Blocks need to reach the lotto coordinator no later than the last day of the month.

The winner will be drawn that evening or on the first day of the following month and posted on the forum.

The winner may choose a block and/or colors for a future lotto that will be added to the list. If the winner opts to choose a block, a sample block must be received by the moderator by the end of the month prior to the posting date. For example, if you're choosing the March block, a sample must be received by the end of January. There is usually about a 3-4 month lead time between winning and the month's pattern posting, so you have lots of time to explore patterns and dream up color combinations!

Coordinator's Address:

Kay Barkdoll

12026 Punch Bowl Rd

Mercersburg, PA 17236

Here is a link that might be useful: Anvil

Here is a link that might be useful: Nine O'Clock Pattern

Comments (20)

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    I'm in for this one, since I won in Jan I'm sending 3 but will not be in the drawing.
    michelle

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a picture of the sample block and 3 that micyrey sent in! Lots of incentive in these pics to make this quilt.. I LOVE the colors!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nine O'Clock Sample Block Photo

• calliope
    13 years ago

You can put me in for two, Kay. It's a darling block for March. Very appropriate.

• patti60
    13 years ago

now that i'm back on i would like to rejoin the lotto blocks. i will do 2 blocks.

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

I'm in for three, this will go together so well. I can already picture it!

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I finished my three today. Pictures of all received blocks can be seen through the original posting links.

So our tally now is 16 blocks!

micyrey: 3, received
    quiltpartner: 3, received
    calliope: 2
    patti60: 2
    buteau3rd: 3
    kay_in_pa: 3, received

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

Kay,
    Sign me up for 3. I really like the block and the colors.
    vasu

• patti60
    13 years ago

getting ready to cut my blocks out today. will be a week and ahalf before i can send them. please send adress to me at my new e-mail. as i don't know how to change it on this form. noseycat@webtv.net

• polardream
    13 years ago

I am mailing 2 blocks today - but Kay, please don't put my name in the lotto since I won last time (and have TOO many projects going right now!)
    Looks like this will be a big quilt!
    Sue/polardream

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sue, your blocks arrived and look great. Yes, this will be a big winning!

patti60: 2
    buteau3rd: 3
    vasu texas: 3
    polardream: 2, received

That's 21 blocks!!!

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

Kay,
    I mailed 2 blocks to you today. I could only get 2 done.
    Vasu

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I wish I had time for this one!! Maybe next month?

• patti60
    13 years ago

i
    kay i sent you an e-mail my blocks will be in the mail tommoro.

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update time! Here's the count as of today:

patti60: 2, received
    buteau3rd: 1, received
    vasu texas: 2, received
    polardream: 2, received

That's 16 blocks received and 2 outstanding!!! I'll take pics of the most recent arrivals later today to post on the Google docs page.

Kay

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Because my name is in the pot this month, polardream will be doing the drawing this evening. These are beautiful blocks, good luck everyone!

• polardream
    13 years ago

DRUM ROLL PLEASE .....

DH has his hand in the pot .... and the winner is:

Vasu Texas!
    Congratulations.

Sue/polardream

• kay6271
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Congratulations! The package will be off to you tomorrow!

Kay

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

OMG!
    Can't believe it! I never win lottos and raffles. Thank you all. I simply loved this block and green is such a happy color.
    Kay, thanks for hosting the lotto.
    Vasu

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Kay, Received the Lotto blocks yesterday. They are awesome. Thanks everyone. Here a quick picture taken with my mobile.
    Vasu

• cziga
    12 years ago

Oooh, congratulations Vasu!!! They are beautiful and it already looks to be shaping up into a really nice quilt top! It will be lovely :)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA