Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? 2/5-6/11

lindaoh_gw
13 years ago

We are getting snow again today. I wanted to go to the quilt shop but don't want to drive on bad roads. The shop is about 20 minutes away on good roads. I hope the snow stops and I can get out this afternoon. I need fabric for the Round/Row Robin quilt.

If I don't go I plan to work on my tumbler quilt or the DWR. I have been cutting tumbler blocks with my Go cutter and have a large stack of pieces.

What are you sewing this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (16)

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Still working on DWR. Have borders on and as soon as corners are mitered, will press and start my "sandwich". Then I'll start the quilting process, one ring at a time. No plan for border yet but have a template made for what I'm going to put in the rest. Then tomorrow I must do my brakeman thing on the railroad.

• cannahavana
    13 years ago

I pulled out a quilt I started hand quilting about 2 years ago. I am halfway done and determined to get it finished! It is one of my Birthday Block exchange quilts.

Rebecca

• day2day
    13 years ago

I am working on my Crazy Coins quilt. I have all the strips together and the top/bottom borders on. I am thinking about doing another border but not sure yet.

Nice to hear that others are quilting. Gives us all a kind of connection. ENJOY!

~Geraldine

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

When the 2 DGSs go back home from spending the night (don't even ask me how much sleep I got :( :) )I will be working on some birthday & boomerang blocks. I've been working on the latest round of the RR - turning out SO well! I'm excited for someone (!) to get her center back. This round has taken longer to do than all the other ones put together. Or maybe I'm saying too much...? Regardless, if the little critters would just stay still for a minute, I could get them sewn down!!

• msmeow
    13 years ago

I'm about done with a small ocean waves top. It has a pinwheel border so I'm making a zillion tiny HSTs for that...almost done!

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

I am working on a Triple Irish Chain. It is dreary weather and I hope to gt a lot accomplished this weekend!
    Looking forward to seeing all of the pics.
    Rosa

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Rosa, weather is dreary here, too. The sun was out for a bit this morning, but now it has rained a little bit and is very dark out. So...I'm staying in the sewing room! LOL

Donna

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Another rainy day. Not as cold as it's been being and so thankful it's not snowing. I worked on my birthday block and ready to mail it out. Also worked on a wallhanging for my new grandbaby. I had to rip out some of the quilting to get it to hang right and that took most of the afternoon. I had planned to sandwich a baby quilt together but didn't get to it. Hopefully tomorrow.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

One quilt is ready to be sandwiched but need to enlarge the backing I want to use. The UFO has the top and bottom border to put on, another border then ready to sandwich. Have also been working on BD blocks. I doubt that I'll be sewing tomorrow as we're going to DD's for a Super Bowl party and I want to make a Pecan Cobbler to take.

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I didn't get to the quilt shop today. We have had a LOT of snow again. There is ice under the snow making it difficult to walk. DH fell near the back door when he went out about noon.
    I have been working on the DWR. Some of my arcs are not the right size so I will have to do some ripping.
    Linda OH

• jackier123
    13 years ago

I have been FMQ and threadpainting on a challenge wall quilt for the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show. I also have been painting the built in wall units that are going in my new sewing room. I am so excited about getting this new room. We enclosed what was our carport to make a new sewing room for me. I want to get some birthday blocks done tomorrow.

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

How exciting for you Jackie!! A new sewing room has to rank right up there with a new kitchen!! I have the first, sure would like the second!! LOL However, the $$$ involved is slightly different for the kitchen :) Or is that :( ??

• jackier123
    13 years ago

My husband just laughs at my new sewing room. I have painted each wall a different color. There is a sky blue wall, a lime green wall, a hot pink wall and a purple wall. I also have a shelf that runs around the room about a foot from the ceiling, above that is cantaloupe color. :) One whole wall is built in shelving, so it and all the trim is bright white.

• calliope
    13 years ago

Oh gosh yes, but my quilting is like playing musical chairs, as I move from one project to another. I have broken my new year's resolution not to start another quilt before I got the ones in progress done. LOL.

It all started out when I decided to straighten up my stash so I could get it all back into tubs and put away. You know how one thing leads to another. I decided I had way too many crumbs and scraps.......so took all the scraps large enough to cut a four inch block from and spent the morning generating blocks. Well that lead to putting some together. I had this one pattern I wanted to try and ended up getting a two by four section of quilt top done on it and HATED IT! It was one of those 'what was I thinking' moments. A chain pattern and one doesn't really know how they'll look until you get a few together.

I was smart enough to just stop right there and I may even take it apart to rescue some of the vintage print fabric I used in it.

I then had to start choosing a different pattern with my blocks and found one I liked and now I can't stop working on it. rofl. I love it. I have a paper piece with all the blocks made but not put together on the design wall, and a baby quilt I am within days of finishing the hand quilting on. So, here I am with three projects in the mill again.

• barbara_l
    13 years ago

I have been working on my UFO's and actually with the winter we have been having, managed to complete a few things. I finally finished sewing the binding on 3 lap size quilts that sat around forever. Feels good getting them out of the to do pile!

• User
    13 years ago

I've been putting together a top (finished the blocks) that has baskets in the center field and a log cabin border, done in pastel florals with WOW.

But I go to sleep with gazillions of patterns & fabrics dancing in my head.. what an obsession.. but it sure beats counting sheep!