Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maritime_linda

Pfaff machine

maritime_linda
11 years ago

Does anyone on this forum have the Anniversary Limited Edition Expression 150? And if so, how do you like it?

Comments (18)

• maritime_linda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one. Will pick it up next week. Can't wait!

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

Jackie

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

I just treated myself to that very machine before Xmas. Haven't done a whole lot other than hats with it so far, and hemmed a pair of jeans, but so far, I like it.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Enjoy your new machines, ladies! I don't have a Pfaff dealer any where near me, so don't know anything about them.

Donna

• maritime_linda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bloomorelse, I see you are a fellow NBer. Glad to hear you're enjoying your machine. My SIL and I are both getting one. She already owns one Pfaff, but was attracted as I was to the wide throat on this one which is a big boon to quilters and she is always raving about the way the machine senses and automatically adjusts for even feed, no need for a walking foot. The price right now seemed excellent as well. I'm currently using a Viking Platinum which I like for piecing but no so much for machine quilting. BTW, I'm curious as to what kind of hats you make. Do you have a pic?

Actually Donna, there is no dealer in my city, either. We will be taking a little road-trip (about 1 1/2 hours away) to pick them up, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

• maritime_linda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Machines came in early and we picked them up today with a 2 hour lesson. Stopped at the cottage on the way home so too tired to do anything tonight other than have another look at the book. She went through it page by page with us. It's a beautiful machine and I'm anxious to play with it, lots of amazing features and 200 stitches. Won't I have fun!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I am sooooooo jealous!!! :~)

I own 3 Pfaff sewing machines. One is 40+ year old & was the top of the line when I bought it, and it is still stitching beautifully.

I hope you all love your machines!

• craftymummy9
    10 years ago

I just purchased the pfaff expression 150 Anniversary machine for a great price. So far so good live it

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

I have a Pfaff tiptronic 6270. It sews like heaven! Even after I bought a babylock Jane for the harp space, I do all my other sewing on the Pfaff. I feel so smug when I don't have to pin things as much due to the even feed. I live in fear that it will break down. It's over 15 now.

Love to hear more about your new one in case this one ever needs replacing. Have fun!

LindaB/CA

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I recently bought 2 new Pfaff's! I traded in my Pfaff Quilt Expressions 2048 and the only way the 'deal' would work was to buy both the Passport 2.0 & Pfaff Performance 5.0 -- bells & whistles -- sewing only (not an embroidery machine). The Passport I took to Retreat in Sept and sewed on it basically for the first time. Nice little machine. I am learning the Performance 5.0 -- I haven't gone back for the classes yet due to a lack of time. Both have the IDT, a feature I have had for over 40 years and love-love love!
    I am now a 4 Pfaff family.

• Joan Dupuis
    10 years ago

Sorry Linda, haven't been on here in awhile, and didn't notice your post. I was making chemo hats for myself last winter. Treatments all done Dec 23rd 2013, and so far everything is good.

I make mostly Queen sized quilts, so haven't gotten the nerve to machine quilt, I usually do my hand in either the large frame my hubby made me, or on a rectangle clamp hoop when my friends meet at another house for quilting.

Here are a couple of the hats I made.

• Joan Dupuis
    10 years ago

I keep forgetting I can only post 1 pic at a time, so here's another hat with interchangable bands for different looks.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Great hats. Also, so glad to hear you are finished with treatment and doing well!
    LindaB/CA

• Joan Dupuis
    10 years ago

Thanks Linda. There is a Pfaff dealer in Riverview, so I joined their Pfaff Club, where you go once a month to do different projects and learn how to sew different stitches, putting a zipper in, etc with your machine.

• maritime_linda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Bloomorelse, I am so jealous! I bought my Pfaff in Riverview and would love to be able to go to the Pfaff Club. She has wonderful classes there as well. Not a lot here in SJ. I'm enjoying my machine. Have done some free motion quilting on small objects and a table topper as well as piecing, of course. Worked like a charm. Sorry to hear you had treatments to get through, but glad that is all behind you. The chemo caps look great. I have knit some toques and my church group sewed a few last year...they were kind of a biker type style. I was in Dieppe this week and see that you have quite a bit more snow that we do. I had planned to sew today, but spent awhile chopping ice in the driveway. What fun! Spring can't come soon enough!

• Joan Dupuis
    10 years ago

Linda, as a matter of fact, there are 3 ladies in my Pfaff Club group that travel from SJ every month. Maybe if you are able to come on weekdays, you could ask Martha from the store if there are people in the 1st year group from SJ and you could travel with them.

Oh shoot, I just remembered I wanted to go to the store today, as they had 20% off fabric, thread, sewing feet, etc... 1 day only.

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

How did I miss all this. I live in Riverview and bought the Pfaff Grand Quilter from Martha a couple of years ago. Small world...

• maritime_linda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bloomorelse, thanks for the tip. I didn't realize she had different groups according to year...makes sense. Yes, I got the email about the sale and was wishing I were handier. Have to do a quick trip to PEI tomorrow so maybe if there's enough time I may get a chance to pop in....or maybe not as we'll have a dog with us...forgot about that..which is actually the reason for going!

Hi Fay...yes, 3 NBer's here on this forum.....I lurk more than post...Actually I don't really like the sound of "lurk"...sounds rather sneaky, doesn't it? Let's say I visit the forum quite regularly.