Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Quilt for Katie

I don't know how clear this is but here it is. As I was quilting it (using various things I could follow), I found a couple of seams that I missed getting sewn together properly. One I could fix and the other I couldn't, so, I 'mended' it with the quilting stitch that's on my machine. This morning, I couldn't readily see/find it, so I guess it'll be ok. It ended up being approx 53"x66". The ribbon color for brain cancer is gray, hence the gray ribbons in the corners.

SharonG/FL (sorry if this is way too big.....I can't tell)

Comments (27)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

This Quilt will bring comfort to Katie and her Family. I know how emotional this quilt was for you to make, and the sadness you feel. The Ribbon blocks are perfect! I have always loved Grey and Pink together ~ your fabric choices soothing.
    Hugs~keeping Katie and her Family in my Prayers.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Sharon, This is a lovely quilt and I too find it soothing. I'm sure it will be treasured.
    V.

• maritime_linda
    11 years ago

Sharon, this is beautiful. Great use of the pink. I think I see music staff lines there so I'm guessing Katie is musical. I'm sure she will get much comfort from this quilt knowing the love that went in to making it. Prayers to you all.

Linda

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Sharon, it's wonderful! I know Katie will treasure it.
    Donna

• Freda
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt and colours. I'd love to know what the pattern is called.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

It turned out so beautifully. It's truly a treasure.

Maet, just google "disappearing nine patch" and you'll find all you need to know.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

It's beautiful! I'm another that's fond of gray and pink. I love the touch of the ribbons in the corner.

I'm sure she will love it too.
    Rosa

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Nice quilt. Love the D9P pattern.

beverly

• kiendu
    11 years ago

It is beautiful! I'd made a quilt for my Mom when she was going thru chemo that she brought with her to every appt. Kept her warm and cozy while sitting there... and loved.

Katie will feel your love in this beautiful quilt too!

• Freda
    11 years ago

Thanks toolgranny. I'll look online when I get the chance. Right now i'm handling insulation in the basement and I'm itching and breaking out in hives.
    Your quilt gave me an idea for the quilt i'm going to do for my oldest granddaughter. Doing one now for her younger sister.

• Vanislegirl88
    11 years ago

I agree. It is beautiful and I'm sure she will love it. I love the pattern and the colours.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone. Katie is not musical but my family is and we have all banded together to surround her and wrap her with our love and prayers. I like that a soothing and peaceful aura is coming through the picture......I hope she can feel it as she's wrapped in the quilt.

It is a Disappearing Nine Patch. I added the pink flange and would have preferred it narrower but didn't think I could pull it off the way my eyes are at this time. I also birthed it with a faux binding then stitched in the ditch....I think........that was fun. :-)

My daughter is having the quilt overnighted to Katie so she should get it tomorrow.

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    11 years ago

Sharon, I like your quilt. The fabrics look great together.
    Katie will love it!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Nicely done. It will be a comfort and caring reminder of the support that it symbolizes. TFS

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I think it's beautiful! Well done.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Lovely quilt. Made with love makes it even better.
    Theresa

• loisflan
    11 years ago

It's a lovely quilt, Sharon. I'm sure it will bring warmth and comfort to Katie. Lois

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Sharon, I can only echo the others... you did a fantastic job. I know it will be well recieved and that was super sweet of you!

• bev2009
    11 years ago

It is a very soothing quilt. I'll keep Katie in my prayers.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Wonderful quilt....made with lots of love and it comes through!

Gwen

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

It's a beautiful quilt Sharon. I know she will love it.
    Linda OH

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt! I' m sure Katie will love it and find comfort in it.
    Darlene

• fran1523
    11 years ago

What a beautiful quilt. The color pallet is just so pretty and soothing. Great job.

• Freda
    11 years ago

Just realized that quilt was done by geezerfolks, not toolgranny. Beautiful quilt, and I found tutorials online for the disappearing nine patch and like how it is done. Lots of information out there.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

It's beautiful, full of love and hopefully will comfort her through the rough spots.
    LindaB/CA

• loralee
    11 years ago

The quilt is beautiful and how very precious too. What size of blocks did you use for this and how many colors?

I recently did a disappearing nine patch using 6 inch blocks.and would like to do another one at some point in time.

• polardream
    11 years ago

Sharon, Katie's quilt is beautiful. I am sure she will love wrapping up in it as she undergoes her treatments. I continue to keep her in my prayers - as well as you, friend, for your eyes to continue improving.

Sue

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA