Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished my 2nd "George"

Posted by BeeOHIO (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 9:11

I bought this pattern from George Siciliano in 2010 when I took his class in miniatures. It is named "Interstellar Suite", measures about 16" x 18", with 169 pieces in each of the 4 blocks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished my 2nd "George"

BEE, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I started working on this one at a group sewing event last year and had to put it away. It required more attention than I could give it in a group setting.

I love how you started each block with a different color. I might take that idea to mine when I get back to it.

This encourages me to get back to it. TFS

o

That is attractive to me, too. And, I have been planning to do something small one of these days. It's gorgeous.

o

It's gorgeous!
LindaB/CA

o

I agree - Gorgeous! How many hours did each block take you - do yo know? I also like each center & spiral a different color.
I love this --- great job!

o

Awesome work !!!..This takes true dedication...it's beautiful.
V.

o

WOW! I am impressed. That is beautiful, but I so couldn't do it.

beverly

o

That is really beautiful!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Bee,that is stunning! I've made 3 of his patterns. I really like them!

Was it a kit or did you pick the fabrics?

Donna

o

Those are incredible blocks, Bee. Absolutely beautiful. That must have taken forever to finish - at least, it would have taken me forever. Lovely, lovely.

o

Thanks so much for your nice comments.

Jennifer, I'm the same way when it comes to sewing in a group sew with something tedious... I can't focus well. I hope you get back to yours.

Magothy...I don't know exactly how long for each block. Maybe 10-12hours over several days? There is lots of cutting & sewing for sure! Then there was the "unsewing" when I missed the mark, that added time.

Msmeow, he had the fabric kitted up in different hues of rainbow-like colors...pastels, jewel tones, & these sort of autumn-y colors. I love these & with the black it really pops.

The other one I did was "Glow in the Dark" done in shades of purples & greens w/ black. I think it was actually more difficult & time consuming.

o

That is amazing!!! I love patterns like that, and especially on a black background. I will have to add that to my quilting bucket list. TFS

o

I do so admire work like this. It is something I would never ever attempt and those who do deserve a medal. Truly stunning.
Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here