Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Ribbons & Bows - March 3 - Sally (salijo)

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

This thread is for the Birthday Block Exchange so you can post when you send your birthday block to Sally and she can let us know when she receives them.

Comments (25)

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Sally,
    I have finished your block and will post it to you
    tomorrow, 12th Feb. I've been without a computer for a while, so has been hard to keep up with everything. Just trying to keep ahead with my birthday blocks since they have to travel a fair way from Australia.

Kristene (tinyteena)

• User
    13 years ago

Your block started its journey to you this morning, enjoy!
    Kay

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Your block is on it's way. Have a happy. Jayne

• salijo
    13 years ago

Kay's block came today! I haven't opened it yet....it's sitting right next to me saying "open me, you know you wanna." and I'm responding, "But my birthday isn't for another couple of weeks." I don't know who's going to win yet.

Salijo

• salijo
    13 years ago

Ok, the envelope won. Who could resist that little Jamaican voice singing Calypso Disney Style "Open me...you know you wan-na, Open me."

The block is amazing! Exactly what I envisioned! I'll get a picture up in the next couple of days.

Thank you Kay! I had only seen this inside my head and I was starting to doubt my choices, but I think you calmed my fears! I love it.

Salijo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sally, your birthday block is in the mail. I hope you like it!
    Jeanne

• salijo
    13 years ago

Here is a photo of Kay's block.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Sally, The pkg is on the way. Choose whichever bag you want and give the other to Wendy, please. @:)

mom

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Sally

I mailed your block yesterday from NY state so you should get it tomorrow or Monday.

Mary

• salijo
    13 years ago

Jayne, I received your block today. Lovely! I'm really liking the fabrics that have been used on the two blocks I've received. They go together beautifully! Thank you!

I'll post a photo early next week...I don't have a way at home to transfer photos from my camera to my computer. So I do it at work, then email them to myself, or burn a CD to take home if there are several.

This quilt is intended to go on the daybed in the room my grandkids use when they are here (playroom, bedroom, etc.) The walls are a light to medium yellow and the light switch and outlet plates have blocks of different shades of pale blue-greens. No other decor in that room yet...besides all the toys and books that are littering the place.

Salijo

• salijo
    13 years ago

Oops, as soon as I hit submit I realized I forgot to mention that Jayne also included a really pretty teal fat quarter. I love it! It will go nicely in other blocks for this quilt!

Thank you again!
    Salijo

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Salijo, your block is going in the mail tomorrow. Hope it makes it on time.

beverly

• wendyfaye
    13 years ago

Salijo, your block from me is on its way.

Faye

• benken
    13 years ago

Salijo, your block went out today. Enjoy your special day!

Linda

• salijo
    13 years ago

I was home sick yesterday, and three blocks came in the mail! It was a real pick-me-up!

They were from Mary (who also sent extra hourglass squares,) Jeanne, and my Mom (Sharon...who also sent a quilted bag).

They are all wonderful and really go well together.

Here are the individual photos...I apologize that they aren't pressed.

Here is Jayne's that arrived last Saturday.

Mary's block

Jeanne's block

and my mom's

Thank you everyone! This will make a very pretty quilt!
    Salijo

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Sally,

Your block is going in the mail either today or tomorrow (snow storm -- AGAIN!) I'm happy you posted pics of the blocks you've rec'd -- I now can breathe a sigh of relief that I read you right:) Sometimes I worry that my interpretation may not be what you had in mind. I think I'm OK on this one:)

~Cindy

*OK, really!?!?? Again??? I have to log in 3 times every time I try to post ONE follow-up?? Are we having trouble AGAIN??! My computer is set to 'remember me' -- but apparently GW has forgotten me (?) Guess it's time to go sew! LOL

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Sally,

I finally got your package in the mail yesterday. I hope that it get to you on time....

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Katherine

• salijo
    13 years ago

Linda I received your block yesterday. Thank you! The fabrics you used are lovely! I'll post a photo sometime next week.

Salijo

• salijo
    13 years ago

Wow....it was a good mail day! I received 4 more blocks! What fun to open so many at once. And they are all beautiful! I'm going to try to take pictures tomorrow and get them posted tomorrow night.

The blocks were from

Beverly, who also included a nice card created from a photograph of her block. Your points are perfect!

Faye...no, the yellow is not too dark, I like it. Actually, I love all your fabric choices. We must have similar taste!

Cindy, nicely made and it will fit in so well with all the other blocks! (There was another snow storm here last week also!)

Kathrine, who sent two blocks...you used the perfect colors!

Thank you again everyone....I'm totally thrilled with the results! I've been taking the blocks to work as I get them and believe me, there are tons of "ooo's" and "ah's!"
    Salijo

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I finally made it to the post office yesterday! I tried on Saturday, but they closed before I got there (I thought they closed at noon and it was 11!). Pretty blocks!!

• salijo
    13 years ago

More photos....

Beverly

Katherine

Faye

Cindy

Linda

Salijo

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Sally,
    I thought my block would have reached you by now. I posted it on 12th Feb. Perhaps it wants to surprise you for your birthday tomorrow! I hope so.

Kristene

• salijo
    13 years ago

The final two blocks arrived today from Robbi and Kristene. Robbi sent extra hourglass squares with her block and Kristene sent extra fabric for making more blocks.

Both blocks are really lovely and I'm excited to lay out all of the blocks together.

I'll get individual photos up of Kristene and Robbi's blocks along with a group photo in the next few days.

Thank you so much everyone! All of the blocks were fabulous and I can't wait to shop for sashing and border fabric!

Everyone was right on time with my blocks and I vow to get on the ball to do the same (since I can't use winter storms or the flu as excuses anymore!) I've been ill for the past couple of weeks and the block I made for Faye turned out terrible, so I told her I wanted to wait until I felt better to redo it. This weekend, Faye...I promise!

Salijo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Have a wonderful day, Sally!

From all your friends in the Birthday Block Exchange:

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Sally.
    Happy Birthday to you!

In honor of it being your birthday today, you can be our Quilter of the Day!

Jeanne

• salijo
    13 years ago

Thank you!

Here are photos of the last two blocks.

Kristene

Robbi

I'll have the group photo posted in the March Birthday general discussions thread.

Again, thank you everyone. I really am happy with how everything turned out!

Salijo

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus