Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Ribbons & Bows - March 27 - Mary (tuppermom)

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

This thread is for the Birthday Block Exchange so you can post when you send your birthday block to Mary and she can let us know when she receives them.

Comments (36)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Hi Mary, It's early for your birthday, your block is on the way. You'll be able to start celebrating soon. @:)

SharonG/FL

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Hi Sharon

I received your package today and so far have not opened it. Thank you....I think...lol for sending it before my birthday!

Mary

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Way early but your BDB is in the mail today. Enjoy. Jayne

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Thanks Jayne...I'll let you know when I receive it.

• User
    13 years ago

Mine was mailed today, too. Kay

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Mary, The more blocks that show up the less resistance you'll have and open them. @:) If it was me, I'd celebrate every time a BD block showed up and make that birthday party last as long as I could. lol

SharonG/FL

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mary,
    I mailed your block today. It was a fun block to make and I will look forward to seeing them all together. My last block sent to Canada is taking forever to get there so I wanted to make sure and get yours mailed early.
    Jeanne

• salijo
    13 years ago

Mary, I finished your block today and will take it to the Post Office Monday after work. Here's hoping it makes it in time for your birthday!
    Salijo

• salijo
    13 years ago

Your block has been mailed!
    Salijo

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

No more blocks have arrived but I will post when I get them.

Thanks
    Mary

• wendyfaye
    13 years ago

Mary, your block is hitting the mailbox today.

Faye

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Jeanne
    Your block arrived today....pretty fast from SC to Southern Ontario!

I now have 2 squishies calling to me everytime I walk by!

Mary

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Rec'd an envelope from Kay today.

I will be at my Guild's Retreat on my birthday so am hoping to hold off opening them until then so we can all ooh and ahh over them.

Mary

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Mary, your block is on it's way.

beverly

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Mary,
    Will be posting your block tomorrow - Monday 13th March. Hopefully it will reach you in time. Sorry, but had to go to Sydney last week to check on my parents and didn't get time to post before I left

Kristene (TinyTeena)

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Not to worry Kristene, it just extends the birthday celebrations. I am going to need the cheering up this year. We are off for a farewell dinner with DS and family as they are moving to NZ tomorrow. With all of the natural disasters happening on that side of the world I am so anxious and nervous. I am going to miss them all so much....GSs are 6, 3 and 15 mo.

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

Yes, that side of the world is a big scary right now. Hopefully things will start to get back to "normal" on the weather.

I was able to cut all the fabric yesterday and will try to work on putting the block together this week. It's a pretty busy week, but I'm off all next week since the kids are out of school if I don't get it done. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to you from the states, but I hope it won't be late!!??

Robbi

• benken
    13 years ago

Mary, your block is on its way from Ohio....up across the lake! (or probably via a more round-about route) I can't imagine having my girls so far away so I hope your birthday blocks do give you an extra little pick-me-up this year.

Linda

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I rec'd 2 more blocks today from Jayne and Sally.

I now have 5 and have still been able to avoid opening them....but it is getting harder!

So far have rec'd from
    Sharon
    Jeanne
    Kay
    Jayne
    Sally

Thanks
    Mary

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

REc'd 1 more block today in the mail. Thanks Faye.

I still have not opened any. So far I have 6 blocks with over 2 weeks to go.

Mary

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mary,
    I hope all goes well with your son and his family and the move. NZ is supposed to be very beautiful, but that is far away and with all the natural disasters over that way, I can understand you need some cheering up. Hopefully the birthday blocks will help just a little.
    I'll pray for your family's safely and for you to be able to adjust to them being so far away.
    Speaking of family "far away" --- I will be so glad once my newborn triplet grandsons get out of the hospital and I can fly to CA to see them. It's hard to wait, but their mom and dad are plenty busy now and I can be of more help to them once the babies come home.
    At least we have quilting to get our mind off other things for awhile.
    Jeanne

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Mary,

Sorry, I'm missing your color scheme for your blocks. Not sure where I lost it, but if you could give me some clues I'll get your block in the mail. Not sure it will arrive in time w/the mail as it is, but I'll hope for the best!
    Please let me know.

Thanks!!

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Jeanne
    Thanks for your kind words. I have been trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of things. But I really miss them so much. We were able to track their flight and it arrived 35 min. early. I haven't heard from them yet but they were in transit for over 24 hours with 3 small boys so I expect they are sleeping and adjusting. Congratulations on the grandtriplets! I pray they are in good health and of good weight. My cousin's son and his wife had triplet girls. They are 7 yrs old now and were a lot of work but so much fun.

Cindy
    I asked for scrappy but distinct darks and lights. It should make it on time ....Ohio to Ontario isn't too far!

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I rec'd another block today...thanks Beverly.

My kids are really trying to give me a heart attack. My daughter is in Montreal at Grad School and what did they have there today....AN EARTHQUAKE! No damage but this is not what I need to hear about.

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Mary,

I finally got your package mailed today. I am sorry if it doesn't get to you on time. This month has just gone by so fast for me....
    I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Katherine

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Linda's block arrived today!

So far I have rec'd 8 blocks from
    Linda
    Kay
    Jeanne
    Sally
    Jayne
    Sharon
    Faye
    Beverly

4 more to go and 6 days until the opening!
    Thanks All

Mary

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I put mine in the mail on 3/19. I hope it isn't too late? I was told the mail to Canada can be slow.

Robbi

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

A squishie came from Katherine today...only 3 more to go.

We don't have mail delivery on Saturday here in Canada so just one more delivery day before my birthday. The packages rec'd so far are in one of my boxes to take to retreat with me. I will open them Sunday morning.

Mary

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Mary,

Last night I found your envelope on my cutting table - yikes!! Sorry it will now be late arrivig. It was all ready to go days ago --- but then DH got busy building my new shelving for the sewing room & I got side-tracked (helping). I can hope you'll forgive me & see it as extending your birthday celebration! (?) hope, hope...

~Cindy

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I rec'd a block from Kristene today. I have now rec'd 10 and can't wait to open them here at my quilt retreat.

I am awaiting blocks from Cindy....not to worry, it just extends my birthday... and Robbi...yes, it can take a couple of weeks but sometimes is very fast. Again don't worry, I am sure it will arrive soon

Mary

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Your special day is here! From all of the members of the Birthday Block Exchange, let me wish you a very Happy Birthday.

Okay, all, now let's sing:

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Mary.
    Happy Birthday to you!

In honor of it being your birthday, you can be our Quilting Queen of the Day. Have lots of fun and we will love to see your blocks once all make their way to you.

Jeanne

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday!!

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Mary, Have fun and enjoy the beginning of a new year. Jayne

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Thank you to all for your birthday wishes. I opened my beautiful blocks this morning just after breakfast while at my guild retreat. There were many oohs and ahs and many questions about our forum and the birthday block swap..
    Many of you enclosed extras in the package and I thank you for them. My paackages are still packed away in a tote because I just arrived home a couple of hours ago. I will elaborate and post pictures once all of the blocks have arrived.

Mary

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I rec'd a lovely block from Robbi today. It took just over 2 weeks from TN. I don't know where they send them to for sorting but I have rec'd packages from Montana faster! Just waiting for the block from Cindy to arrive.

Mary

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I rec'd my block from Cindy today so all of the blocks have now arrived. Thank you to everyone for the beautiful blocks and the extras that some of you sent. I will post a picture early next week.