Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Piece of Cake - March 29 - Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

This thread is for the Birthday Block Exchange so you can post when you send your birthday block to Jeanne and she can let us know when she receives them.

Comments (39)

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bumping this thread back to page 1
    Tinyteena

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bump!

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bump

• polardream
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    Your block went in the mail today. I loved your color choices ... my husband did too!
    Sue

• User
    13 years ago

So did mine!
    Kay

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kay and Sue, your blocks arrived today and I love them! So bright and cheery. That was so great to hear that your hubbies liked the blocks. I wonder what mine will say...

Gee, seems like I just had a birthday, but happy to have another one.
    (Translation: I was in the Ribbons & Bows group as well and celebrated that as an "unbirthday" on Feb. 14th so I did just have sort-of-a-birthday. LOL)

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are the blocks from Kay and Sue. The block is the 9" finshed size Pineapple Blossom block from Quiltville.com. I know I am going to love this quilt! (Sorry not to have pressed the blocks after they arrived and before taking pictures. I will try to do better next time.)

Kay's on the left and Sue's on the right:

{{!gwi}}

Wonderful job on the color choices!

Jeanne

• User
    13 years ago

So glad you like it!

• salijo
    13 years ago

That's going to be a beautiful quilt!

Salijo

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Jeanne, your block is in the mail today!

Teresa

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received my block from Michelle today. Thanks so much, Michelle. It's another great block! I will add more pictures as more blocks come in.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Teresa,
    Your blocks arrived today. Thank you so much. I will post a picture of those and Michelle's block soon. I am having lots of trouble getting GardenWeb to open up today so I think it is best to try pictures another day.
    Wow, this quilt is going to be pretty!
    Jeanne

• patti60
    13 years ago

will get your block off this next week. been swamped lately it's done just have to get it ready to mail. now i see how quilt will go together.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry no picture of the recently received blocks yet. My software/service provider is difficult to work with for posting pictures, but I will get them on here because I sure want everyone to see these great blocks. I had been sick for 2 weeks and basically doing nothing and now have company coming in and a presentation to do tomorrow about a quilting class I will teach in the fall so it went from quiet to busy ... and you know how it gets when it is too much to do all at once! Things should settle down again by Monday - when I go to get the work done for a crown on my tooth. Not looking forward to it...
    Jeanne

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Hi Jeanne~your block went to the post office today.
    Hope you are feeling better. I have been quasi-sick for over 4 weeks now....can't seem to get rid of the cough and get myself back to normal.

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Jeanne - my block for you is going in the mail tomorrow. I wasn't sure if this would be easy to put together or not, but it was and I had fun with it!

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm finally back to post pictures. It was a busy weekend. I went to the Spring Meeting of Quilters of South Carolina yesterday which was lots of fun and my younger daughter, Andrea, and her husband were here for the weekend, too. Andrea is also in this group and I received my block from her.

Here are the four newer ones (all great):

Top left is from Andrea, top right is from Michelle, and the bottom two are from Teresa.

And here are all 6 that I have received so far so you can see them all together.

Kate, I'm glad you did not have problems making my block. It seemed pretty easy to me, but I am someone who likes to make blocks using what I call "the flippy corners." LOL

Thanks, Andrea, Teresa, and Michelle for the 4 that arrived recently. I will post again as more arrive. It sure is fun to get the mail these days!

Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

No worries, Jeanne! It was very easy and very quick; so quick I ended up making two for you. It gave me a totally different perspective on pineapple blocks than I had before. For some reason, I always assumed they would be difficult. Silly me!

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I made your block this afternoon. What a fun block! I will put it in the mail on my way to work tomorrow morning.
    Happy Birthday!
    Linda OH

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Jeanne,

I selected your fabrics & cut Sun eve --- then got company:) Sewing tonight hopefully, glad I still have a little time!

~Cindy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marsha,
    I received your blocks today... and I loved the front of the notecard with the cute quilters pictured together. Yes, one of them looks just like me! LOL Thank you. These blocks are so bright and cheery.
    I had a crown put on my tooth earlier today so no picture taking, but I will be sure to include your pretty blocks the next time I have my camera out.
    Anyone who may be a little late with my block, please don't stress. I had a "pretend birthday" in February in addition to this one so I think I am fine!
    Jeanne

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Mailing your block today. I hope you like the colors I used.
    Happy Birthday!
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received my block from Linda. Such great colors. I can tell this will be a really fun quilt. Thanks so much!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received two lovely blocks today. They were from Darlene and Virginia. Thanks to both of you!
    Jeanne

• patti60
    13 years ago

i'm getting your block in the mail tommoro. i ended up in the hospital before i could mail.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh my, Pat. I hope you are doing better now.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Speedy delivery! Pat, I received your lovely block today. Thanks so much.
    Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Jeanne! I had your package ready to go on the 13th, but just found it in my briefcase today! I am so, so sorry because I'm sure it will be late. It's going out in the mail tomorrow.

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kate, I think your block should make it here before or on my birthday. Don't worry.
    So far I have blocks from:
    Sue
    Andrea
    Marsha
    Michelle
    Pat
    Teresa
    Kay
    Linda
    Darlene
    Virginia
    ... and Kate's is on the way and a few messages back Cindy was working on my block so I know all will make it to me.
    Last night I took a picture of the ones I have along with the ones I had made previously. So bright and cheery! I will try to get the picture posted soon. I have not entered it into the computer yet.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received blocks from Kate today. Thanks so much, Kate. I really like them.
    Jeanne

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Jeanne
    Happy Birthday to you!

From all your friends on GW Birthday Blocks

Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne ~ Happy Birthday! Pics of your triplet Grandbabies warm my heart. One little guy coming home in such a short time is remarkable. What a great year you should have!

• polardream
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Linda OH

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes. I had a really nice day and each one of you helped to make it special. I don't know when I will get this year's birthday blocks put together, but I will try to post another photo of the blocks soon.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have many more blocks compared to the last time I added a picture so here is a picture from today. The last block I am awaiting is from Cindy. I know I won't get a chance to post a picture again before I leave, but my husband will be here to get the mail so no problem there.

There are more than 12 blocks already because a few quilters sent 2 and I made a few myself. For me, this is a really fun block to make. It reminds me of a log cabin block, but then it has the special - what I call "flippy corners" - to make it into the pineapple design.

Thanks again, everyone!
    Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Bright, cheerful and fun! I like it!

Kate

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

This is going to be a really bright and cheerful quilt. Well done everyone.

Kristene

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I received my birthday block from Cindy. Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful birthday blocks!
    Jeanne