Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Piece of Cake - March 24 - Marsha (magothyrivergirl))

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

This thread is for the Birthday Block Exchange so you can post when you send your birthday block to Marsha and she can let us know when she receives them.

Comments (41)

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bumping back to page 1

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bump

• polardream
    13 years ago

Marsha - I mailed your block today. It was really a fun block!
    Sue

• User
    13 years ago

Mine's on its way to you, too!
    Kay

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Thank you ladies ~ this makes getting older almost worth it!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marsha,
    I mailed your block today. It was fun to make and I'll bet it turns into a beautiful quilt.
    Jeanne

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I got Kay's block today. Thank you ~~I am going to try to wait for my birthday to open ~ but I am known to find Christmas presents, unwrap them very carefully & rewrap them, so I don't know how long I can resist these B'day blocks!

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Oh Marsha! I did the Christmas present unwrap for years as a girl! I was so bad! Then I put on a big show of surprise when I (re)opened the presents. My sisters and I still talk about this. How funny you mentioned it!

Teresa

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Marsha, Mailing your block tomorrow. I waited to open my blocks last year and forgot to write down who they were from. :0. I felt like a goober. so this year I'll try something else.
    Hope you like the block.
    Darlene

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Marsha, your block is in the mail today!

Teresa

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Marsha, I mailed your block this morning.

Linda OH

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I couldn't hold out!! I confess that I opened Kay's envelope.
    It is perfect - love the green - thank you!
    The post office was good to me yesterday and today - let's see if I can wait to open them~LOL
    So far I have received Blocks from:
    Kay
    Jeanne
    Sue
    Teresa
    Michelle
    Thank you Ladies!!
    This is so exciting....

• User
    13 years ago

Ah,,, just had to have an appetizer, eh? Glad you liked it!

• patti60
    13 years ago

will be mailing your block this next week.

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Rec'd 2 more blocks today from Linda & Darlene. Thank you!

My b'day is still 13 days away.....this group is speedy!

I'm still trying to hold out until the big day to open the rest - but it is getting tougher....I choose the same block as last year-so I pulled out last year's blocks just to torture myself~LOL.

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

My block is going in the mail to you tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see all the blocks together. It should be a very dramatic quilt!

Kate

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Bumping to page 1 again
    Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Cindy, I received your envelope yesterday. Still unopened-it is getting harder to resist opening them. Only a few more days if I can hold out.

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Andrea-I received your envelope today - Thank you! Still unopened :)
    Current list of blocks rec'd:
    Kay
    Jeanne
    Sue
    Teresa
    Michelle
    Linda
    Darlene
    Cindy
    Andrea

Thank you!

• patti60
    13 years ago

your block is in the mail, just got out of the hospital yesterday, sorry may be a few days late.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A big Happy Birthday wish, Marsha, from all of the quilters in the Birthday Block Exchange. We hope that you are having a very happy day. I hope the PIECE OF CAKE that you have is really yummy!

In honor of today being your birthday (and Paula's, too), you can be our Quilting Queen for the Day.

Jeanne

• polardream
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Marsha! I hope you have a great day.
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Marsha! Can't wait to see all your blocks!
    Linda

• macbeaner
    13 years ago

Hi Marsha!

I have your block done, I just haven't been able to get to the post office. I plan on mailing it by Saturday at the latest.

Hope you have a great birthday!

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday!

And a serious apology: I've had your block done and packaged since the 13th. I found the package today in my briefcase!!! I'll get it mailed tomorrow! So sorry for being late!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Sorry, I have not had a chance to say Thank you-my husband had a heart attack - yes on my birthday, so my best gift was the gift of saving his life! I did open the envelopes on my birthday - they are perfect and beautiful and you will never know how much they make me smile at this time. They are a bight spot in an otherwise scary, difficult time for me.
    He is still listed in critical condition, but I think that is where they keep you for 72 hours. You would never know he was sick to see him!

No apologies necessary for the late blocks - they will arrive at the perfect times to give me another lift when I need it.

Patti - I hope you are well.

I will get a picture posted soon.

Really~I cannot express the joy I feel, even if for a few minutes, seeing these blocks when I walk in at night. I am glad I waited to open them on my birthday.

Thank you!

• polardream
    13 years ago

Oh Marsha,
    I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you both in prayer - I know you must be going through a very difficult time!
    Sue

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

((((Marsha!)))) That's a big hug for you!
    Very scary news about your DH, but so glad to hear he is coming through it. Sending good thoughts to you both!

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh my, Marsha. Sending prayers for your husband and hugs for you!
    Jeanne

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I will keep both of you in my prayers.
    Linda OH

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Marsha, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack and glad to know he is doing better.

Hugs to you, (((Marsha)))

Teresa

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Marsha,
    What a surprise to hear about your husband's heart attack - and on your birthday! So glad the blocks from your Birthday Group were able to cheer you up a little. I do pray that your husband improves every day and that you feel comforted knowing many friends are thinking of you

Kristene

• macbeaner
    13 years ago

Keeping you in prayer! *hugs*

• User
    13 years ago

Marsha,

Praying that your husband is now past his 72-hour critical period and on his way to recovery. How difficult a time for you both.

Kay

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You provided much needed cyper hugs and I appreciate it.

He is out of the woods for this particular heart attack and he did come home. We see his Cardiologist tomorrow morning.
    The local hospital he was taken to, can only do what is necessary to save a life.

I hope to visit the post office, maybe today, to see if my other goodies have arrived. I really don't want the other mail~LOL. I will post a picture soon, I promise, because these are the most cheerful, most fantastic Birthday Blocks in the whole wide world!!! My hubby (who doesn't "get it" - never has never will :-)said "these lift your soul" when he saw them laying on the floor when he came home. Isn't that great?

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

"...these lift your soul..." WOW. That says it all!

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Glad to hear your hubby is doing better. I'm also glad the birthday blocks were there to cheer you up during a scary and difficult time. Hugs to you.
    Darlene

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I received the remaining 3 blocks from the Piece of Cake B'day Gals - Kate, Virginia & Patti. Thank you so much.

Now tell me that these blocks don't make you smile!

The blocks on the bottom are the 3 I just picked up at the post office today. I am absolutely amazed at how great they are going to look with the blocks from last year.

This is a picture of all the blocks from both years together. They are perfect. I spent about 5 mins arranging them. What do you think?

Thanks again for all your well wishes! And for the lovely blocks & cards. I know some of you don't regularly use batiks, but I think it is impossible to find a batik that
    doesn't make me feel good. This is going to make a great quilt for me.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That quilt will be beautiful and the colors look great together. Thanks for sharing the picture and especially for sharing that your husband is doing well. Continued wishes for a successful recovery for him!
    Jeanne

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Fantastic Quilt and now you have received all your blocks from everyone in this year's group too. Great idea to do the same block 2 years in a row to get enough to make a full size quilt.

Kristene

• salijo
    13 years ago

I love your blocks...will make such a nice colorful quilt!

Salijo

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting