Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piece of Cake - March 24 - Marsha (magothyrivergirl))

Posted by sandlapper_rose (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 8:55

This thread is for the Birthday Block Exchange so you can post when you send your birthday block to Marsha and she can let us know when she receives them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piece of Cake - March 24 - Marsha (magothyrivergirl))

Bumping back to page 1

o

Bump

o

Marsha - I mailed your block today. It was really a fun block!
Sue

o

Mine's on its way to you, too!
Kay

o

Thank you ladies ~ this makes getting older almost worth it!

o

Marsha,
I mailed your block today. It was fun to make and I'll bet it turns into a beautiful quilt.
Jeanne

o

I got Kay's block today. Thank you ~~I am going to try to wait for my birthday to open ~ but I am known to find Christmas presents, unwrap them very carefully & rewrap them, so I don't know how long I can resist these B'day blocks!

o

Oh Marsha! I did the Christmas present unwrap for years as a girl! I was so bad! Then I put on a big show of surprise when I (re)opened the presents. My sisters and I still talk about this. How funny you mentioned it!

Teresa

o

Marsha, Mailing your block tomorrow. I waited to open my blocks last year and forgot to write down who they were from. :0. I felt like a goober. so this year I'll try something else.
Hope you like the block.
Darlene

o

Marsha, your block is in the mail today!

Teresa

o

Marsha, I mailed your block this morning.

Linda OH

o

I couldn't hold out!! I confess that I opened Kay's envelope.
It is perfect - love the green - thank you!
The post office was good to me yesterday and today - let's see if I can wait to open them~LOL
So far I have received Blocks from:
Kay
Jeanne
Sue
Teresa
Michelle
Thank you Ladies!!
This is so exciting....

o

Ah,,, just had to have an appetizer, eh? Glad you liked it!

o

will be mailing your block this next week.

o

Rec'd 2 more blocks today from Linda & Darlene. Thank you!

My b'day is still 13 days away.....this group is speedy!

I'm still trying to hold out until the big day to open the rest - but it is getting tougher....I choose the same block as last year-so I pulled out last year's blocks just to torture myself~LOL.

o

My block is going in the mail to you tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see all the blocks together. It should be a very dramatic quilt!

Kate

o

Bumping to page 1 again
Kristene

o

Cindy, I received your envelope yesterday. Still unopened-it is getting harder to resist opening them. Only a few more days if I can hold out.

o

Andrea-I received your envelope today - Thank you! Still unopened :)
Current list of blocks rec'd:
Kay
Jeanne
Sue
Teresa
Michelle
Linda
Darlene
Cindy
Andrea

Thank you!

o

your block is in the mail, just got out of the hospital yesterday, sorry may be a few days late.

o

A big Happy Birthday wish, Marsha, from all of the quilters in the Birthday Block Exchange. We hope that you are having a very happy day. I hope the PIECE OF CAKE that you have is really yummy!

Photobucket

In honor of today being your birthday (and Paula's, too), you can be our Quilting Queen for the Day.

Jeanne

o

Happy Birthday Marsha! I hope you have a great day.
Sue

o

Happy Birthday Marsha! Can't wait to see all your blocks!
Linda

o

Hi Marsha!

I have your block done, I just haven't been able to get to the post office. I plan on mailing it by Saturday at the latest.

Hope you have a great birthday!

o

Happy Birthday!

And a serious apology: I've had your block done and packaged since the 13th. I found the package today in my briefcase!!! I'll get it mailed tomorrow! So sorry for being late!

Kate

o

Sorry, I have not had a chance to say Thank you-my husband had a heart attack - yes on my birthday, so my best gift was the gift of saving his life! I did open the envelopes on my birthday - they are perfect and beautiful and you will never know how much they make me smile at this time. They are a bight spot in an otherwise scary, difficult time for me.
He is still listed in critical condition, but I think that is where they keep you for 72 hours. You would never know he was sick to see him!

No apologies necessary for the late blocks - they will arrive at the perfect times to give me another lift when I need it.

Patti - I hope you are well.

I will get a picture posted soon.

Really~I cannot express the joy I feel, even if for a few minutes, seeing these blocks when I walk in at night. I am glad I waited to open them on my birthday.

Thank you!

o

Oh Marsha,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you both in prayer - I know you must be going through a very difficult time!
Sue

o

((((Marsha!)))) That's a big hug for you!
Very scary news about your DH, but so glad to hear he is coming through it. Sending good thoughts to you both!

Kate

o

Oh my, Marsha. Sending prayers for your husband and hugs for you!
Jeanne

o

I will keep both of you in my prayers.
Linda OH

o

Marsha, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack and glad to know he is doing better.

Hugs to you, (((Marsha)))

Teresa

o

Marsha,
What a surprise to hear about your husband's heart attack - and on your birthday! So glad the blocks from your Birthday Group were able to cheer you up a little. I do pray that your husband improves every day and that you feel comforted knowing many friends are thinking of you

Kristene

o

Keeping you in prayer! *hugs*

o

Marsha,

Praying that your husband is now past his 72-hour critical period and on his way to recovery. How difficult a time for you both.

Kay

o

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You provided much needed cyper hugs and I appreciate it.

He is out of the woods for this particular heart attack and he did come home. We see his Cardiologist tomorrow morning.
The local hospital he was taken to, can only do what is necessary to save a life.

I hope to visit the post office, maybe today, to see if my other goodies have arrived. I really don't want the other mail~LOL. I will post a picture soon, I promise, because these are the most cheerful, most fantastic Birthday Blocks in the whole wide world!!! My hubby (who doesn't "get it" - never has never will :-)said "these lift your soul" when he saw them laying on the floor when he came home. Isn't that great?

o

"...these lift your soul..." WOW. That says it all!

o

Glad to hear your hubby is doing better. I'm also glad the birthday blocks were there to cheer you up during a scary and difficult time. Hugs to you.
Darlene

o

I received the remaining 3 blocks from the Piece of Cake B'day Gals - Kate, Virginia & Patti. Thank you so much.

Now tell me that these blocks don't make you smile!
Photobucket

The blocks on the bottom are the 3 I just picked up at the post office today. I am absolutely amazed at how great they are going to look with the blocks from last year.

Photobucket

This is a picture of all the blocks from both years together. They are perfect. I spent about 5 mins arranging them. What do you think?

Photobucket

Thanks again for all your well wishes! And for the lovely blocks & cards. I know some of you don't regularly use batiks, but I think it is impossible to find a batik that
doesn't make me feel good. This is going to make a great quilt for me.

o

That quilt will be beautiful and the colors look great together. Thanks for sharing the picture and especially for sharing that your husband is doing well. Continued wishes for a successful recovery for him!
Jeanne

o

Fantastic Quilt and now you have received all your blocks from everyone in this year's group too. Great idea to do the same block 2 years in a row to get enough to make a full size quilt.

Kristene

o

I love your blocks...will make such a nice colorful quilt!

Salijo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here