Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Weekend plans for Feb. 12-13, 2011?

lindaoh_gw
13 years ago

I probably won't get to sew this weekend. DS and DDIL are coming home. I do hope to get to the LQS this afternoon. They extended their sale through Monday because of the bad weather last week.

Are you sewing this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (16)

• day2day
    13 years ago

I plan to quilt my Crazy Coins top. It's sandwiched,ready to go. Not sure if it will be tomorrow or Sunday. Saturday is house cleaning day and if possible I want to visit Fabricville. That depends on the weather.

Linda,I hope you get to visit your LQS. Enjoy your time with your family.

~Geraldine

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

It's my birthday weekend! I've already put in a request for an evening at home with take-out from the best sushi place in town, champagne, my favorite ice cream and movies. Plus one whole day to sew without interruption! DH says I'm a cheap date, but he hasn't seen last weekend's receipts from the quilt shops in Atlanta I visited ;~))

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Linda, I talked to a quilting friend in Fort Wayne the other day and she said the road was clear to the grocery store and the quilt shop.....she didn't need anything else! Enjoy your family this week-end.

Geraldine, Have fun quilting. When my kids were little, I had a special day to do housework, now it gets done whenever I feel like it.....which is almost never. My sewing area gets it the most cause it's the most important! @:)

Kate, Kate, Kate....It looks like you have your week-end all planned out in a very special way. What flavor of ice cream??? Quilter's are not cheap where it counts...fabric, notions, machines.

My personal plans for this week-end is to try and get 2 more BD blocks completed and in envelopes ready to mail, finish putting the borders on some UFO blocks I put together for a top and sandwich a Project Linus quilt. Big plans for someone who didn't get up til 11am today.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Happy birthday, Kate! Enjoy your evening!

I just got home from a quilt show. Kinda small but some very nice quilts! I'm planning to get out another UFO in a bit and work on it today & tomorrow. Sunday we're going to visit my mom. We haven't seen her since the day after Christmas! Shame on us! She only lives an hour away.

Donna

• grammyp
    13 years ago

We have company this weekend, and Sat will be DD#2's 25th birthday dinner. My, they grow so fast. And the grands will be here Sat night till Sunday afternoon. I may get some sewing done Sunday after everyone leaves, or I may just take a nap in the peace and quiet.

beverly

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Have 45 blocks to sew on point to get my mystery quilt top together from quiltville! It is unlikely I'll get to sewing because:

We are 2 weeks into remodeling the kitchen: tile is up and dumped, thinset is next--but we have help from our DS&DGS tomorrow! Yeah! Planning on meatballs in crockpot for subs to keep everyone well fed.

Stay warm and Happy whatever you do!

And, Happy, Happy BD Kate!
    Gwen

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Sharon - Talenti's Belgian Milk Chocolate Gelato. I could (and I might!) eat the entire thing in one sitting. It's amazing!

Kate

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Gwen, I take it you're remodeling yourself? We did our small bathroom last year (gosh, it's been almost a year now!) and it took us forever, mostly 'cause DH works such crappy hours. Not much time for home stuff! Anyway, good luck with it!

Donna

• polardream
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday tomorrow Kate!!!
    I'm hoping to finish my round robin this weekend ... but DS is coming in tonight for the weekend. We probably won't see much of him (lose him to the girlfriend) but we will get our "granddog". I wish our dog liked her more! DS wants me to make DOG BOOTIES for his dog since he lives in the country & it is SO cold near Vail, CO & lots of snow. We'll give it a go...

Sue

• day2day
    13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATE!!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

LindaOH, Did you feel the 'frost quake' the other day? Who knew there was such a thing!

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Frost Quake in OH and IN

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Kate! Hope you have a great day, fun evening, and you get all that gelato to yourself! Hmmmm, wonder where I could find gelato here?

This morning I'm going to make a couple of loaves of bread, 'cause I'm out. Then I will continue quilting on the Bubbles #3 quilt and cut some more "coins" for the stacked coins quilt.

I also need to work on my portion of my round robin quilt. This time we took favorite photos/pictures and blew them up, cut up into 6 sections, then each member of our group makes their section to replicate part of the photo, plus adding 1/4" all around so the owner can sew the 6 sections together to make her quilt.

Tomorrow I'm going to help my mom wheel Dad down to their patio home for lunch. The Memory Center where he lives is just a short walk to their home, so when the weather is nice, we like to take him home for a while if possible.

Teresa

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

I'm heads down on a project involving paper and math. But, I do hope to get the binding done on my DWR. I'll post pics if I do. We have a trip into San Francisco tonight for symphony and dinner which will be our valentine treat. We can't get away often so relish any night out we can get.

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Kate!

I am working on my new $10 quilt block. This year at the LQS there were 3 color options. #1 is Civil War Blues #2 is Batiks and #3 is Neutrals (challenging as the other 2 are beginner) I chosse the Neutral not because it will be challenging but rather because I have seen neutral quilts in shops and magazines and always admired them so this is my opportunity without having to collect all of those neutral fabrics. After that block is done I will make a couple of birthday blocks for March then continue on PhD. This past week
    I have completed 2 quilt tops and made 18 pinwheel blocks for my friend who is making charity quilts and asked for "boy" colors so I just made the blocks for her.
    I hope to make a big dent in my PhD during the cold months.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe and warm.

Mary

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday! Kate! Sounds like you have the perfect weekend planned:)
    I had hoped to sew all day yesterday - somehow rather than work on a few WIPs, I got talked into starting a new project w/a few friends. If anyone has seen the McCall's Quilting mag "America the Beautiful" series quilt --- well, that's the one. I spent the better part of Fri sorting thro my stash deciding on fabrics & getting the first two parts cut. Did NO sewing at all! :( Bummer:(
    Today I seemed to spend most of it running around, meeting family members for breakfast, lunch & then DH took me out to dinner. Can't complain about a messy kitchen today!, can I? LOL
    TOMORROW, if things go as planned, I'll sew most of the afternoon. I really want to work some more on the RR center I have. But maybe I shouldn't plan --- sometimes that is enough to jinx me!

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We had a nice weekend with DS and DDIL. We watched a couple movies yesterday. I enjoy cooking for them. DH and I eat smaller meals but when the kids are home I do more cooking. It will be nice to have leftovers for my lunch this week. lol
    DDIL wants me to make them another quilt for their bed. They will be married 3 years in July. I hope to have it made for their anniversary. She wants something made from a jelly roll but one won't make a large bed quilt. I just happened to have two jelly rolls that are the same so I will use those.
    Linda OH

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County