Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 2

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I hope to get back to my sewing machine this weekend. It has been a busy week with appointments, etc.. This week I worked on my Quilty Fun Sew Along quilt, joining some of the blocks together.
This weekend I would like to start working on the baby quilt for our new grandson who is due in March. My DIL has asked for a quilt with hot air balloons. I plan to machine embroider the balloons.
The quit is still in the planning and the fabric selection stage. The weather has delayed shopping for the fabric but I hope to remedy that too!
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (10)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Linda, that is really cute! I like your bright colors. Will you hang it in your kitchen?

I may get a little sewing time on Sunday. I have a rehearsal all morning tomorrow and church all morning on Sunday. DH & I are planning to clean the house tonight and hit the grocery store tomorrow afternoon. So, if I still have any get-up-and-go by Sunday afternoon I'll continue working on the baby quilt for DH's coworker.

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

I love those bright colors, too.

No quilting for me but I may get some leaded glass windows made for kitchen cabinet doors. My goal is to get Mom's quilt pin basted, though, and I might succeed there.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I promised myself that I would do our income taxes this weekend, so that's my first task. Of course, the Academy Awards are Sunday night, so I have to watch them. I did get all my sea turtles finished last night, so I may have to spend a little time appliqueing (is that a word?) them on to the background blocks. Then there are fourteen PP blocks in kind of a snail's tail or Shakespeare in the Park pattern that is supposed to look like waves for the turtles to swim in. I also have to hook up a new router for my wifi. That's my weekend.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Linda OH, Your Sew Along looks really cute. Have fun putting the balloon quilt together.

I have 2 more rows to attach to the Indian Hatchet (made with HSTs) top, then I'll see about borders, and a few more rows until Film at 3 is all together.

We had a GreatGrandBoy born last night at 9:55pm weighing 8lbs 8oz and 21 1/2 inches long. Welcome to Isaiah Riley Anderson (I was going to post a picture but it was huge!)

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Not sure how much actual sewing I'll do, but I do get to go to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest today with a bunch of my friends!!!! I told DH that's what I wanted for my birthday.

So I get picked up at 8am and we meet two other gals. Then a drive, some breakfast, quilt show, lunch, more quilt show, a stop for dinner, and maybe I'm home by bedtime?!!!! I'm looking forward to a great day!

Have nothing specific to buy today, but a few projects need some fabric, so maybe I'll find something to spend $$ on. (Like I'm NOT going to spend money at a quilt show?! lol)

Major snow storm heading our way for Monday.... oh yay.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Loving that design, Linda! It is so cheerful and spring-like. I may sandwich the New Year Mystery Quilt today and get it ready to machine quilt. Think I'll just birth this one and do an easy serpentine on it so it won't be a UFO. Warmer today and the calm before the storm (literally) coming in tonight or tomorrow. LIke you, being in the Ohio Valley, haven't had a lot of days one would get out and shop. Lots of b'days in a month's time and I've had to do my gift buying online and just have the gifts sent directly from the vendor. Thank God for the internet. LOL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Linda...cute top...love the bright colors!

Lois...Taxes before quilting....hmmm...that would never be on my weekend priority list ... Unless it was April 15th...LOL!

Sharon, Congratulations on your new great gran baby!!! How wonderful! What quilt will your newest family member be receiving?

Jen...I'm envious...going to the quilt show...I know you will have a blast!! A great girls day out...enjoy!

I just returned from Florida last nite, so my weekend is laundry, groceries, and waiting for the mail delivery...my sewing connection this weekend will be drawing the February lotto...as soon as the mail shows up!

I had a great time visiting and shopping fabric with K8...love that quilt shop in her area...i actually went back during the week and picked up more fabric that is perfect for my kitchen area...yup, fabric took priority over the Florida outlet shopping...guess I'm seriously addicted...lol!

Happy sewing everyone!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Jen, You know you'll find something to spend some $$'s on! Enjoy your day!

Valarie, I had a Wickedly Easy pattern with novelty fabric and sent that up for him. I like the fabric you're showing. What are your plans?

Y'all get prepared for another storm and be safe (and warm).

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Wickedly Easy for Isaiah

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Linda I love the bright colors of your Quilty quilt. Sharon congrats on your new GGB! Jennifer going to a quilt show sounds like a lot of fun. I spent yesterday and today crocheting blocks together for a Granny Patch autumn colors afgan that I am making my parents for their anniversary, once I get the 2 sides crocheted then I need to make 4 more blocks for the middle row of the afgan, ... hoping I will get it finished and ready to crochet a border by next weekend. This week I finished hand piecing the rest of the 4 Irish Chain corner blocks for my SBS quilt. I may cut fabric pieces for a 2nd block this weekend. And I am wanting to spend some time reading, ... that's pretty much my weekend aside from getting the laundry done today.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Valarie, when Kate posted that she was shopping with Val, I didn't make the connection that it was you! I hope you had a good trip to Fl.

Last night Mark & I did the grocery shopping. This afternoon we cleaned the house, did some laundry and other chores, then did some shopping. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll get some sewing time.

Donna

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH