Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Quilters Dozen - March 29th - sandlapper-rose

Kristene Smith
11 years ago

This is the post for you to write when you send your Birthday Block to sandlapper-rose (Jeanne), and for Jeanne to write when she receives them.

Kristene

Comments (32)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've finished your block and will be posting it tomorrow. Should reach you around 3rd March

Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bumping up
    Kristene

• quiltingfarmlady
    11 years ago

Jeanne, your blocks went out in today's mail.
    Kay

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I received my first birthday blocks today - from Kay. They are wonderful and it was so exciting to have my first blocks arrive! (I don't have the patience many of you have - when they arrive, the envelope gets opened... it sort of spreads out the enjoyment.)
    Thanks, Kay.
    Jeanne

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Your block is going in the mail tomorrow.

Jackie

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Yesterday I received blocks from Kristene. They are great and I know this quilt will be lots of fun and a great reminder of my birthday this year!
    I took pictures so will try to post them sometime soon.
    Thanks, Kristene!
    Jeanne

• polardream
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I mailed your square today - you should have it by the end of the week.
    Sue

• meima
    11 years ago

I mailed my blocks today. Happy Birthday!!

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I posted pictures of my blocks received so far in the Gallery section. Wow, that section doesn't get used much! When I have all the blocks, I will post a picture here on this thread.
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    Jeanne

• patti60
    11 years ago

i put your block in the mail on tue

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Three more people to thank: I've received blocks from Sue, Jackie, and Pat. Thanks so much. They are all great and it's fun seeing the coffee related fabrics and colors that were used. A few people enclosed a card or some fabric (totally not required, but appreciated.)
    Thanks to everyone. I'll post more pictures when I get a chance. What a special group of ladies and what a fun birthday for this year!
    Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Jeanne,

How do you find the photos in the gallery. I put in your screen name, but didn't find them.
    LindaB/CA

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

When you are on the main page (Quilting), below that you will see a heading that reads "Messages".
    Below that you will see "On-Topic Discussions" and then you will see "Switch to" and click on the word "Gallery". Mine should be the first two posts on the list.
    If it doesn't work for our birthday block members, let me know. I avoided putting the pictures here because I was going to post each one that I receive and I know some have issues with their computer speed and pictures, but if people can't see them on Gallery, I'll put them here.
    Thanks for asking the quection, Linda.

Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Had been trying to access it from the galleries at the top. That worked. Thanks for the lesson! I always seem to miss something.

Sending your blocks out today. I had such fun with them I made two. They're a great block pattern. Learning more with every day I spend here on the forum.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Jeanne, Your blocks went in the mail today.
    V.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Linda,
    Well, I learned something too - I had never noticed the word Galleries at the top of the page. LOL
    Glad you found the pictures. I hope to post more soon - haven't gotten my camera out yet.
    Jeanne

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Hi Jeanne, putting your block in the mail today. It was easier to make than I thought. Happy Birthday.
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

More blocks arrived - such wonderful colors, coffee themed fabrics that I love, and beautifully made from everyone - so I am really looking forward to making this quilt. The new ones that arrived are from Debbie and Valarie. Thanks so much, ladies!

Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

It appears I forgot to post that I sent your blocks! They went in the mail on Saturday, so maybe they'll come today.
    LindaB/C

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I received your package, Linda. So beautiful! I will try to take a picture of all the blocks I have received so far and post it soon.
    Thanks again, eveyone!
    Jeanne

• grammyp
    11 years ago

I hope to get your block in the mail tomorrow. The fabric I ordered was on back order and just got here. Please don't feel forgotten.

beverly

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

No problem, Beverly.

I took a picture of the blocks I have so far. Aren't they pretty? I made 2 of them myself when I was trying out the pattern and then some ladies sent more than 1 so this quilt is really moving along.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I received a beautiful block from Darlene. Darlene, thank you so much. These blocks are going to look great together!
    Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

That sure looks wonderful! Good choice!

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I received my quilt block from Beverly yesterday. Thanks so much for a wonderful block.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I knew blocks had been arriving, but I didn't realize until today that all of my blocks are here! Wow, it's not even my birthday yet. I took pictures again now that all of the blocks are here. In this view they are set in rows.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

In this view they are set on point. I'm so happy with every block. Thank you so much!
    Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

It looks great! Hope you'll be able to sleep under all that caffeine ;-)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Jeanne,
    Happy Birthday to you.

On behalf of all the quilters in "The Quilters' Dozen" I hope you have a wonderful birthday

Kristene

• nannykins
    11 years ago

And good wishes from me.
    The blocks look fabulous!
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Jeanne!
    Great theme for your blocks. I like the on point setting alot.
    The group is making wonderful, thoughtful series of blocks for everyone.
    Have a wonderful year.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the cake. I think I like the on point version best, too, so that may be "the one." I had a good laugh about the comment on how would I sleep under all that caffeine! LOL
    Have a great day and a wonderful Easter weekend. Everyone in the Birthday Block Exchange, and especially Kay and Kristene by organizing this, helped to make my birthday very special.
    Jeanne

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH