Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Quilters Dozen - March 27th - littlehelen

Kristene Smith
11 years ago

This is the post for you to write when you send your block to littlehelen (Valarie) and for Valarie to write when she receives each block

Kristene

Comments (27)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

My Birthday Twin :)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bumping up
    Kristene

• quiltingfarmlady
    11 years ago

Your blocks went out in today's mail.
    Kay

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Going in the mail tomorrow.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Kay, your packaged arrived...but will save the opening for my birthday!
    V.

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Your block will go in the mail tomorrow.

Jackie

• polardream
    11 years ago

Valarie, Your block went in the mail today. It should arrive by the end of the week.
    Sue

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Valarie,
    Your block is made and will be mailed a bit later today. I love the red and white! It was a fun block to try - had never made it before.
    Jeanne

• patti60
    11 years ago

your block was mailed on tue.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone..
    I'm not opening till my BD...it's my way of building some excitement for another year older :-)
    Envelopes received include:
    Grammyp
    Quiltingfarmlady
    Polardream
    Sandlapper rose
    Patti 60 and
    Jackier123...
    I'm so excited...looking forward to opening my blocks!!! 14 days to go....
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Sent your block today. Hope you're having fun with all the packages. Don't know how you can stand the waiting!

LindaB/CA

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Linda...you ask how can I wait? I haven't had that many special little packages to open on my birthday since my birthday party when I was 6! This will be a hoot...I'll lay them all out and post a picture!
    (This is not to sound like I've been slighted by anyone on my BD- it's fun to wait. A side story: for my 40th BD my DH gave me cookbooks...yes, he is still alive, we are still married and I do love him, but you can imagine...special little packages just for me vs cookbooks!)
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Men are pretty amazing creatures alright! Glad you kept him anyway.

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Mailed your block today. I just about flipped out when I was making your block. I didn't realize it was a 9 " block! I thought it was suppose to be 12" like the others I'd made. So glad to see that 9 on the direction page. Happy birthday!
    Darlene

• meima
    11 years ago

Your blocks will go into the mail tomorrow. I was intimidated by the red. Although I prewashed everything, I am not very trusting of that color. Made extra just in case. Have a wonderful day!! :)
    Debbie

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Hope my block arrived safely?
    LindaB/CA

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Sent my block last week. Has it arrived ?
    Darlene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Valarie,
    Happy Birthday to you!!

AQll the quilters in the Quilter's Dozen Birthday Block Exchange wish you have a wonderful birthday.
    Have lots of fun opening all your envelopes!

Kristene

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

OMG...How much fun was that...opening each envelope, unwrapping, unfolding and laying out each special red and white block! Each and everyone is a treasure...I can't tell how much I love them all. Thank You ---Thank You... This is going to be a lovely quilt thanks to all of you! (btw: the pic doesn't do the blocks justice...they really are all beautiful!)
    V.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

What is the pattern?? They really are lovely!!!
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

It's a 9" block called cups and saucers. I'm thinking I will lay this on point with a WOW and a red print border...perhaps with prairie points...???:

• polardream
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Valarie!
    I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Sue

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Love your blocks!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Val~ Hope you had a great birthday! Opening up all those little packages on your birthday is so cool!
    These blocks are going to make a very nice quilt. I like the on point setting idea. Can't wait to see what you decide.
    Enjoy them! Happy Birthday!

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

More blocks arrived today from meima! Lovely blocks and a generous surprise...thank you so much!

what fun this BD exchange is!

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Valarie,
    I forgot to post earlier, but I mailed your block to you on 2nd April. Should almost be there by now. Sorry I am late, but was away a few weeks when my father died & then my machine was at the shop for another 2 weeks.

Kristene

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your blocks with us. I always love to see the pictures!
    Jeanne