Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Quilter's Dozen - March 17th - quiltnhen

Kristene Smith
11 years ago

This is the post for you to write when you sed your Birthday Blocks to quiltnhen (Linda). Linda will also use this post to acknowledge receipt of her blocks.

Kristene

Comments (37)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've finished your block and will post it tomorrow. You should receive it around 3rd March

Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bumping up
    Kristene

• quiltingfarmlady
    11 years ago

Your blocks went out in today's mail!
    Kay

• grammyp
    11 years ago

I'm mailing them tomorrow.

beverly

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you Kay, the blocks are beautiful. They were a real pick me up. I've been in bed with a bug for the past couple of days, and they cheered me up.
    LindaB/CA

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I mailed your block today. I hope you like it and I hope you feel better. Have a Happy Birthday!
    Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you Beverly. I love the block and the tiny flowers are so delicate.

LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Today's mail had another treat! I could get used to getting old if it was always this much fun.

Thank you Jeanne! I love the china print and it's a great block too. Cheerie all around.

Guess I should have been saving up, but it's fun doing it when each one comes. I always rattle Christmas presents too ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Your block will go in the mail tomorrow.

Jackie

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Your birthday block went out today...
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Kristene, Your blocks arrived today. Thank you, I love the bold colors. The card is lovely too. It looks like a beautiful place you live.

Is there someone I should be sending two blocks to? I don't want to short anyone and two of you have sent me two.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Kristene, Your blocks arrived today. Thank you, I love the bold colors. The card is lovely too. It looks like a beautiful place you live.

Is there someone I should be sending two blocks to? I don't want to short anyone and two of you have sent me two.
    LindaB/CA

• polardream
    11 years ago

Linda, your block went in the mail today and should arrive by the end of the week. Sue

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Linda,

Since Dan withdrew from this exchange, Valarie & I have divided the remaining people between us and making extra blocks to make up for the missing person in the group.

Everyone has to make 2 blocks for Kay, since she has taken 2 positions in the group.

Kristene

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Linda...I didn't want to say anything in my prior email, but there are two blocks from me for your Birthday (as Kristene indicated, we split up making extras) ...in the colors and designs your requested, but both very different.
    This is my first year w/ the B D exchange and for whatever reason...I find it fun and a little daunting to select something another would like who I only know via the web...
    Anyway...hope they meet your fancy...at least one of them!
    V.

• meima
    11 years ago

Greetings! Your blocks were mailed today. I hope your birthday is wonderful!
    Meima

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Valarie, Your blocks arrived today and they're both lovely. There are few pattern repeats in what I've received so far, but no overlap of fabrics (except when from the same person). It's amazing what variety is out there.

As for the blocks suiting my fancy! Absolutely! This is the most fun I've had in years. Sure hope the ones I send out bring as much joy.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you Jackie and Patti!

Both your blocks arrived today. This birthday just keeps on coming. Love the cards too.

Looking forward to reciprocating now.
    LindaB/CA

• patti60
    11 years ago

my block was mailed on tue. so it's on the way

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

I guess I should have thanked you individually. I got your block yesterday at the same time as Jackie's. Thanks so much. I have an abundance of goodies to try to put together when they all arrive.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

My head is swimming with names/screen names. Sure is good that the hostesses were so meticulous in documenting everything. With no faces to connect (except the ones in the camp photo) I refer to the quilters dozen pages every day!

Polardream, Thank you. Your block is beautiful. Looks like one I might like to make more of.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

meima,
    Thank you, you're too generous! I haven't seen the Ohio Star and friendship star combined before and I really like them. This quilt will gorgeous if I can ever decide a setting.
    LindaB/CA

• chickie1
    11 years ago

I am mailing out your block today. I choose the Sawtooth block. I hope you like the color combination I choose. Happy Birthday!
    Darlene

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Darlene, Your block came today. Beautiful, thank you so much.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

A really special thank you to all who sent me birthday blocks. I lost my very best friend yesterday and between phone calls and tears, heading to the sewing room to cut pieces for a quilt for my son and working on birthday blocks kept me busy on something constructive.

This will be the first birthday I haven't shared with my friend since our Junior year in high school.

I know this 'virtual' relationship is not the same as some of you have with each other, but it's still valuable and I love all the sharing and hearing how your lives are going.

I received a total of 16 blocks from all of you and am so lucky to have found this forum. When I regroup I'll try to post a photo of the blocks, though I haven't decided how to set them into the quilt yet.

LindaB/CA

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

(((((((LindaB)))))))
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve your dear friend.

Maryv

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your best friend. I hope you can find comfort in your memories of the times spent together .
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear about your dear friend who passed away. Keep her with you through your memories.
    Jeanne

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you. Spent a partially cathartic day helping her brother clean out her house. We'll go back next Saturday and get more done.

She'd been there 40 years and was a keeper, so there's a lot in one small house!

Sadly, I brought home the quilt I made for her when she lost her leg 5 years ago. It was a long time in the making and signed by all those who loved her.

LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Sorry, sent twice.

This post was edited by quiltnhen on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 20:29

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

My deepest sympathy and heart felt hugs to you the loss of your dear friend.
    I just found my closest friend from age 12 up - though she left town 25 years ago and we lost touch...we re-connected last year. I so understand and feel for you.
    V.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Linda,
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Birthday!
    I hope you have a special day and have a wonderful year ahead.
    Jeanne

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday!!! Your friend would want you to remember her and all the good times. I am sorry for your loss.
    Linda, I understand the 'momentary brightness' the birthday blocks bring you from these virtual friends at this sad time. I speak from experience.......the only thing that made me smile for a few seconds were the birthday blocks I had just opened that were laying out on the floor to greet me each night I came home........this virtual birthday block relationship unknowingly helped me get thru some bleak days.......Enjoy your blocks.

Condolences to her family and friends.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. It's a beautiful spring day. Bought new flowers and a tulip tree for the yard and plan to finish a birthday block today!

LindaB/CA

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Linda,
    As one of the co-ordinators of the Birthday Block Exchange and responsible for making posts to this site, I am sorry I wasn't around to post a "Happy Birthday" message for your birthday last Sunday.

Sadly, my father died on 12th Mar and his funeral was on 18th March, so I was away from home during this time. I understand how you feel about losing your friend. Keep hold of the memories of times you shared.

Kristene

• meima
    11 years ago

Dear Linda,
    I am so sorry about your loss. I am glad your memories are good ones.
    Debbie

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Thank you. Tears come easily, but the memories are trying to crowd them out. I'm lucky to have known her.
    LindaB/CA

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts