o
pics!!

Posted by quiltpartner (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 6:49

Here goes...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
The closeups show a few small flowers appliqued to cover a bit of black in the fabric. The fabric is a beautiful Oriental print, but the small bit of black looked like an ink spot so I covered them w/the applique.

YEA! I did it! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics!!

Yeah! That's like looking at a little ray of sunshine this snowy morning! Thanks for the pick-me-up!
Karlene

o

Good job with the posting. Looks great. Love this one.

o

Glad you got the pic posted.

I was thinking the same as Karlene...sunshine and flowers....so fresh and pretty. Great job.

~Geraldine

o

Beautiful quilt!!!! The flowers are so cute, but I bet you're the only one that noticed the little black dot lol!!!!!
Rosa

o

Very pretty! I knew that was going to be a pretty quilt!! I like the quilting pattern, too.

Robbi

o

Pretty! I really liked that block.

Kate

o

Thanks for posting the picture. It came out really great.

beverly

o

That really is a pick me up! It's lovely.

o

Pretty quilt!

o

Beautiful!
Linda Oh

o

Very pretty. It looks like spring and we sure could us a bit of that. One of my Carolina friends shes her crocus a coming out!! The quilting pattern works very well, did you do it? TFS Jayne

o

My mom did the quilting (on a Gammill) I love the pattern too, it's a floral, yet it's whimsical too. Seemed a good fit for a sunny quilt!

Currently listening to the ice pellets hit my windows - yea! :( Please pray for our youngest DD - she lives in Chicago, alone & recently moved into a new apt. However, her furniture is not all there yet. She keeps texting that she is fine, but you know how moms are! She was just here for a 2 wk visit -- wish she had't gone back so soon. It's nasty here, but at least she'd have company. And we can burn wood & stay warm! Hope you all are doing OK - warm, dry & cozy!!

o

I remember that from retreat. It looks so bright and cheerful. YOur mom did a wonderful job on the quilting. Well done.

o

Very pretty - it looks so sunny!

Your DD is probably having a blast - as young adults make lots of fun out of everything that worries Moms to death and gives us gray hair:-)

o

Beautiful quilt! Love how how sunny and cheerful it is and the scattered flowers are a cute surprise. The quilting your mom did is perfect for it.

o

It looks really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Wonderfully bright & vibrant, just terrific.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here