Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Peekaboo Monkeys

loisflan
10 years ago

Here is the quilt top that I made for our newest grandson coming this April. The colors are brighter than in the photo. I will back it with green Minky and bind it with two-toned brown polka dots.

Thanks, Linda, for urging me on.

Comments (19)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

That is one very cute quilt. So glad you finished it up. Lucky baby!
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

That is adorable! You'll have it done in plenty of time for his arrival!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

How cute is that! Lucky little boy ... :-)
    V.

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

It's so cute and one of my favorite baby quilt patterns. I love your idea of minky on the back. Good job!
    Linda OH

• grammyp
    10 years ago

That is too cute! What a great quilt for cuddling.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Awwwww, so cute, Lois. Nice to have each other to spur us to completion, eh?

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    10 years ago

It's an adorable quilt!

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Adorable! Perfect for a little guy. Brown Polka dots will be cute for the binding.
    Did you use a kit?

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

That's so cute! What a wonderful baby quilt.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• loisflan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone. Marsha, it wasn't a kit. The book it's in is called Quilting for Baby by Jeanne Stauffer & Sandra L. Hatch. Lots of fun baby quilts, some really simple, others more complicated. I'll post a better picture after it's quilted and bound. What looks like a solid cream in the photo is actually tiny green polka dots on a cream background.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Really cute.
    LindaB/CA

• bee0hio
    10 years ago

Really cute!

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

That's really cute!! That would be a cute one for me to make for my newest ggs.His mom did his room with monkeys and I made him monkey sheets.bought him some clothes with monkeys,and made him a monkey bib and burp pad from the sheet leftovers.Also sent him a stuffed monkey for his first xmas.

The sheet is shown on the sewing forum here.

• redmary
    10 years ago

How cute! A wonderful gift for a new baby!

• day2day
    10 years ago

Adorable!

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Did you have the book for this one? I look at it and think, 'How hard can it be?' because once you see a picture and have the idea, I really think I can cut out the simple monkey shapes. I always wonder though, if there are tips or tricks or patterns in a book I'll be missing, and Amazon has a chewed used copy for ten bucks. How exactly did you do the eyes?

• loisflan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Petalpatsy, the eyes are simply white ovals (kind of) with black circles (kind of). Before you put all the strips together, all the monkey tails, the headless monkey's feet and the head of the topmost middle monkey are applied to the strips so that the body parts go into the seam allowance. Then the strips are sewn together. Then the monkey body parts are added. I appliqued around each part (including eye whites and pupils). I did not applique where the body parts went into the seam allowance or when an ear, for instance, went behind the head. In other words, every raw edge was blanket stitched. One strand of embroidery floss was used for eyebrows, two eye lashes each eye, mouth and nose.

I borrowed the book from a neighbor. It is full of cute baby quilts, certainly worth $10 if it's not too chewed up.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Thanks for the information. Hmmmmm....

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH