Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peekaboo Monkeys

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 0:48

Here is the quilt top that I made for our newest grandson coming this April. The colors are brighter than in the photo. I will back it with green Minky and bind it with two-toned brown polka dots.

Thanks, Linda, for urging me on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peekaboo Monkeys

That is one very cute quilt. So glad you finished it up. Lucky baby!
Theresa

o

That is adorable! You'll have it done in plenty of time for his arrival!

o

How cute is that! Lucky little boy ... :-)
V.

o

It's so cute and one of my favorite baby quilt patterns. I love your idea of minky on the back. Good job!
Linda OH

o

That is too cute! What a great quilt for cuddling.

beverly

o

Awwwww, so cute, Lois. Nice to have each other to spur us to completion, eh?

SharonG/FL

o

It's an adorable quilt!

o

This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

o

Adorable! Perfect for a little guy. Brown Polka dots will be cute for the binding.
Did you use a kit?

o

That's so cute! What a wonderful baby quilt.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Thanks, everyone. Marsha, it wasn't a kit. The book it's in is called Quilting for Baby by Jeanne Stauffer & Sandra L. Hatch. Lots of fun baby quilts, some really simple, others more complicated. I'll post a better picture after it's quilted and bound. What looks like a solid cream in the photo is actually tiny green polka dots on a cream background.

o

Really cute.
LindaB/CA

o

Really cute!

o

That's really cute!! That would be a cute one for me to make for my newest ggs.His mom did his room with monkeys and I made him monkey sheets.bought him some clothes with monkeys,and made him a monkey bib and burp pad from the sheet leftovers.Also sent him a stuffed monkey for his first xmas.

The sheet is shown on the sewing forum here.

o

How cute! A wonderful gift for a new baby!

o

Adorable!

o

Did you have the book for this one? I look at it and think, 'How hard can it be?' because once you see a picture and have the idea, I really think I can cut out the simple monkey shapes. I always wonder though, if there are tips or tricks or patterns in a book I'll be missing, and Amazon has a chewed used copy for ten bucks. How exactly did you do the eyes?

o

Petalpatsy, the eyes are simply white ovals (kind of) with black circles (kind of). Before you put all the strips together, all the monkey tails, the headless monkey's feet and the head of the topmost middle monkey are applied to the strips so that the body parts go into the seam allowance. Then the strips are sewn together. Then the monkey body parts are added. I appliqued around each part (including eye whites and pupils). I did not applique where the body parts went into the seam allowance or when an ear, for instance, went behind the head. In other words, every raw edge was blanket stitched. One strand of embroidery floss was used for eyebrows, two eye lashes each eye, mouth and nose.

I borrowed the book from a neighbor. It is full of cute baby quilts, certainly worth $10 if it's not too chewed up.

o

Thanks for the information. Hmmmmm....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here