Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here is your January Lotto quilt

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 0:36

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Now I just have to find the right backing. It's 62x86. Thank you all again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here is your January Lotto quilt

Lois,
Your quilt is fantastic. The way you have put the blocks together creates so many different designs. Well done. Love the little red border too.
Kristene

o

When you see the block layout in Quilter's Cache, it looks ok but , my dear, you have outdone and outshone with your layout. It is amazing. Truly!,,
Theresa

o

Very nice, Lois! The blocks look great together.

I'm seeing a black on red print for the backing... :)

Donna

o

This is absolutely beautiful!
I love the layout. Fantastic job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Well done with layout...and the red border is perfect...it looks great!
V.

o

Love it!

o

Great quilt!

o

That turned out great! The small red border was just the right size! Well done!

o

Really looks fantastic! Could I pls. ask the name of this Pattern?

o

Beautiful. The red really sets the whole thing off.
LindaB/CA

o

Pirate Girl, the block pattern is The Anvil Block from Quilter's Cache (link below). This was one of our lotto blocks, in other words, many different quilters contributed their blocks, a drawing was held, and I won all the blocks. The blocks are 12" finished. The red border is 1.5" finished and the black is 5" finished.

Look up the thread title about 2014 Lotto Blocks and join in on the fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Anvil Block

o

Fantastic layout! I think you win - Quickest Lotto Blocks to Quilt Top. The red border is perfect. To me - I see sailboats on a racecourse~LOL.

o

That's funny about the sailboats, Marsha. Lots of T-boning potential with all those port and starboard tackers on collision courses. Very clever observation. I loved the idea of putting the yacht club logo on the quilt. I think I will put it on the label. I'm learning how to make labels on the Inkjet printers.

o

Lois, Excellent!

Does this start something with you making a quilt for the Yacht Club every year? .....something like Beverly and her trail club???

SharonG/FL

o

That is a fantastic quilt. Love it.

o

Fantastic! Love the red border - and secondary patterns that show up when you put the blocks together.
Great job.
Sue

o

That turned out really beautiful. Congrats on getting the top sewed together.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Donna, I took your advice and found a black on red print for the backing at Thousands of Bolts. I hadn't found anything I liked locally that wasn't going to cost me about $55-60. I bought the wide fabric, so I'll have plenty left over, but it's a pretty cool print (I think) that I should be able to use. This is how your stash builds. I hope it's good fabric. I've never purchased from them before, but I thought I'd give them a try. We'll see.

o

I am fond of Black and white quilts with red and this one turned out fantastic. You did a wonderful job putting together so many different fabrics. Not an easy task to make them all work so well together. Congratulations, you should be proud of a job well done.

o

ohh man. that is way cool!! Great job!!!!

o

I'll add my congratulations on the speed with which you put your blocks together, the clever layout, and perfect borders. Love the result. Nice job.

o

Excellent job! Wow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here