Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Civil War FQ swap

grammyp
11 years ago

Oh, we have some of the most beautiful fabrics I have ever received. Thanks to all of you for participating. I have the FQs all ready for the post office tomorrow. Please post here when you receive yours.

1)GrammyP - Got mine
2)Lola99
3)Nannykins
4)ToolGranny
5)TupperMom
6)Jackier123
7)Chickie1
8)SunnyCentralFl

beverly

Comments (34)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Will what I sent cover the postage? If not, if you don't mind changing the address, you can send them to my sister in NY state.

Maryv

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It was more than enough, Mary. I owe you a bit back.

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am so glad to hear that. I will be able to afford to participate in the FQ swaps! Don't worry about the difference....consider it gas money!

Mary

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Can hardly wait.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lola, I just noticed the Underground Quilting shop sticker on the FQ. I was just there last Thursday!

beverly

• lola99
    11 years ago

Bev, I'm sorry I missed you! Ironically, last Thursday I was in your region (on a relative basis, I was in Florida with a layover in Atlanta.)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hee Hee. We left Seattle Friday and had a layover in Atlanta. Around here you can't fly anywhere without going through Atlanta.

DH has a cousin that is president of Northwest University in Kirkland. We flew out for his daughter's wedding and had some fun while we were there. We did get a bike ride in, but was a bit too cold (at least for me) for kayaking. Maybe next time.

beverly

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I got mine! They are beautiful! Beverly I do see that I owe you some postage. I will mail it to you.

Jackie

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Got mine, too. Looks like I owe you 30 cents, Bev. Put it on my tab. Thanks to all.

I like Lola's best.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

1)GrammyP - Got mine
    2)Lola99
    3)Nannykins
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1
    8)SunnyCentralFl

No, no, don't worry about the postage. It will cost more to mail it than it is worth. It will all work out in the end.

beverly

• lola99
    11 years ago

Mine came last night. Wow, they all look great! Honestly I have not been drawn to Civil War fabrics in the past and I thought I'd participate in order to try something new. With this beautiful collection I can make a small lap quilt.

ToolGranny, thanks for the nice comments about my fabric. I ordered it on line and I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. :)

1)GrammyP - Got mine
    2)Lola99 - Received
    3)Nannykins
    4)ToolGranny - Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackier123 - Received
    7)Chickie1
    8)SunnyCentralFl

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Received my fabric today! Woo! Hoo!
    I love all the fabric. Can't wait to use it in my EB Underground Railroad Quilt for my hubby. Thanks girls!
    1) GrammyP - Got mine
    2) Lola99 - Received
    3)Nannykins
    4)ToolGranny-Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackie123 - Received
    7)Chickie1 - Received
    8)SunnyCentralFl

Darlene

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I hope the package gets to me as fast as it got to you Beverly! but I won't hold my breath....lol!

Maryv

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm glad you all like the fabrics. I think it was an excellent collection. Please don't hold your breath, Mary. I can't do CPR from here.

beverly

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

CW fabrics have arrived!!! ...and they are beautiful! They will make a great addition!

Such Fun,
    Thanks, Bev

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Just the two Canadians left to wait for Canada Post. I will be standing at the door.
    Theresa

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

With all the snow we have had, there is still a lot of snow around our mailbox so I had better get DS out there to shovel it away or our rural carrier will not deliver the mail and my FQs will be held up!

Maryv

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

1) GrammyP - Got mine
    2) Lola99 - Received
    3)Nannykins
    4)ToolGranny-Received
    5)TupperMom
    6)Jackie123 - Received
    7)Chickie1 - Received
    8)SunnyCentralFl - Received

Hopefully they will find their way to Canada very soon.

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

My FQs came today! Beautiful fabric ladies! I can now finish my quilt....I needed two more medium/dark combinations and received those.
    Thanks
    Maryv

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Mary is closer to Toronto where all mail sorting takes place. Mine should be here tomorrow. I hope, I hope!!
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad they made it Mary. Theresa, perhaps they are coming by dog sled.

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

They could have been delivered by dog sled to me...we have had so much snow in the last month. It is supposed to be mild this week and next and what happened today....we got more snow!
    Spring can't come soon enough for me.
    Hope you get your package soon Theresa.

Maryv

• nannykins
    11 years ago

No dog sled needed here. It is amazing the difference a couple of hundred miles makes. We have had no snow for over a week and what we did have is melted away. We are the Banana Belt of Canada.
    Maybe Pony Express.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Banana Belt, love that! Perhaps they will make it today.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Nope! I think the pony went lame on the 401 (our major highway).
    Theresa

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

It must have been the snowstorm we had yesterday...lol. I don't think the Canadian post office ever said "through wind or storm or dark of night..." lol
    They are worth waiting for Theresa!

Maryv

• nannykins
    11 years ago

The pony limped up the driveway and left me a package. Love them all.
    Yes, Mary, worth waiting for.

Thanks to GrammyP for initiating and organizing this swap.
    I am open for more swaps like this.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am so happy they finally arrived and in good condition. Perhaps the pony can have a well deserved rest now.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I decided to do "something" with these FQ's immediately. Otherwise they may have ended up on a shelf. I used the Disappearing 4 Patch pattern and I think It turned out pretty well. The lines aren't really crooked, it just needs a good pressing and a border. That will come next but I was so pleased with how it looks that I wanted to share it. All the fabrics worked well together.
    Thanks again to all
    Theresa

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Very nice Theresa! It looks to be a good size too!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

You are very busy and efficient :)

I like the D4P in the Fabrics - really lets the prints shine.

Good for you for being so quick to use the fabric in the swap!

Thanks for sharing a picture.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great quilt. I love the D4P, too. Thanks for sharing.

beverly

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Nice job! I can't wait to use mine. Maybe I try this pattern.
    Darlene

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Darlene, if you follow most of the directions for this pattern found online or elsewhere, the majority of them use 5" blocks to start and slice at 1". I tried to use the FQ as best I could, so I cut 6" squares and got 9 per FQ. And I sliced at 1 1/2". It makes a bigger block, after being squared up, they came to 10 1/4".
    I guess I could have cut 5" squares from the FQ's, that would have given me 12 but then the blocks would have been smaller and I would still be sewing. I preferred the bigger blocks.
    Theresa