Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Jan. 3-5

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I finished the clues for the Celtic Solstice today. I hope to continue working on the quilt this weekend. If I finish it or just need to do something else, I will work on blocks for a couple other projects. I would like to catch up on some UFOs so I can play with the new dies for the Go cutter that I received for Christmas.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (14)

• calliope
    10 years ago

I'm assuming the weather shall keep me pretty much home-bound for the next couple days, and I've kept plenty busy over the holidays and I'd better be able to slip some quilting into the weekend! I may do a little bit of puttering and cleaning, but I've the mystery quilt to work on and am anxious to see how it's going to look. Besides, the sewing room is one of the most pleasant rooms in the house now, and especially so since its new paint job. I'll find an excuse to spend some time in it.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Like Calliope I plan to do more on the Mystery Quilt. And the weather here is the kind where you just want to stay in.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Most likely. It's 20 degrees below normal so all I feel like doing is wrapping up in a quilt and staying put! But, it's Friday so I'll work on the flowery Wickedly Easy borders today. They're all together and just need sewing on, then I really should write down the sizes of all these quilts, see what I have for backing for them and head out to buy batting. I might have to wait until it warms up to do that. :-) I've been thinking about making a couple more barn blocks, so might pull those out and see how many more I need....or make a silo to go with them. :-)

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We have had about 9 inches of snow this week. We are waiting for the snowplow to open our driveway so I have no choice but to stay home and quilt. We are expecting another storm to move in on Sunday and Monday. What's a girl to do? lol
    Linda OH

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I was hoping to head to the farther quilt shop today, but with snow on the ground it isn't going to work out. So maybe tomorrow I'll be able to head that way. I'm looking for 2 fabrics for the bargello and exhausted the 2 local shops yesterday.

I received 3 new quilt books yesterday and did a quick browse, now it's time to do a closer look. I've also been looking at Dear Jane, and have printed a few patterns out.

Otherwise, there's nothing on the agenda family-wise.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Tomorrow I plan to hunker down with Celtic Solstice. I have 100 more of the triangle blocks and a bunch of 4 patches to sew. I'm going to try to make myself finish the units before I start to assemble the blocks. :)

Sunday I have 2 church services, then I have to force myself to stay out of the sewing room and do other things that badly need doing.

Donna

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Like many of you, we have about 9" of snow on the ground from the last three days. However, by the time I get ready this morning (have to help DD cut out an apron first) the roads will be driveable and I'll get to the LQS. I will help DD sew the apron. She'll use my 45 year old Singer and I'll use my newer machine to make quilt squares.

She came home for Christmas with a list of things to do, which included finishing DH and my scrapbook from our 30th anniversary trip to London .... 10 years ago LOL. She finished it last night and it is beautiful. She included the emails I sent the kids each day with our itinerary and funny anecdotes. Good thing, because I've forgotten much of what I had written. I wrote that a woman had given me a bite of her "rock" cake. I can't imagine a stranger giving me a bite of her food...why would she have offered....where were we? I wish I had written more about that. Now I have no idea what rock cake is.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

We just got home late yesterday from the Alabama U.S. Space and Rocket Center. I got 1 granny square quilt block hand pieced New Year's day while on the RV trip. I spent the rest of the trip crocheting blocks for an afgan. And I expect I will be doing more of both this weekend, and maybe browse the new quilt book, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, and see what blocks I would like to make. And I need to start planning the border for my parents' queensize Card Tricks quilt now that hubby got me a 6.5" x 24" quilt rulerfor Christmas for this project, so will be 6" border with 6" x 6" squares in the corners, ... since the quilt is so busy I think I will do the border sides in forest green and the corners in country blue. Right now am tackling the mountain of laundry - towels, sheets, quilts, clothes - from the RV trip. We did not get any snow, granted we rarely, rarely do, but I can dream. LOL I doubt we get any snow this year. Hope everyone has a wonderful 2014.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

No snow on the ground here, but I'll be sewing anyway. Sewing, chatting with Val about the Lotto choices, going through fabric stashes to see what works, and watching my beloved NDSU Bison compete in the FCS Championship game on Saturday. Wish I could be in Texas to cheer them on in person, but I'll settle for the TV. They're playing some wimpy little team from somewhere in Maryland... :~))

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Some wimpy little team from Maryland...them fightin' words girl...,that's my Alma mater that's gonna kick some mid western bison butt...go Tigers!!!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

On the quilting side of life...I will be wrapping up the dec.2013 lotto on Saturday...sorry to all for the delay...work-holidays-life stole time away. I also anticipate a conversation with Kate on the 2014 lotto...she has some fun ideas for this year! Lastly, I hope to get some sewing time in; haven't been at the machine since early Dec. and I'm experiencing withdraw....in between I will watch the TowsonTigers pounce on their prey!
    V.

• sherryquilts
    10 years ago

I'm in IL near St. Louis weather forecast calling for lots of snow & blistery wind - I'm staying in sewing. Got the tree & all the Christmas decor down yesterday. Cleaned the whole upstairs, cleaned the whole downstairs today. I'm ready to do some sewing & quilting!

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

A busy weekend! My Bison won (yea!), but Green Bay lost (boo). Val and I worked out the Lotto schedule and I posted the information - all this probably takes much longer than you would think! I made a couple blocks for the 1st Quarter paper piece lotto. I put together a fabric wrapped wreath for my front door - it just looked so sad and empty after I took down the Christmas stuff.

Tonight I'm going to settle in and watch the new Downton Abbey!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I made it to a new quilt shop and was able to find the fabric I needed for my bargello.

Today, I was able to get the fabric cut and all laid out. I have some minor seams to do to have it ready to finish. I also got the backing sewn and ready.

Sewing the top together happens in a QAYG fashion, so though the top isn't finished now, when I get through it, the quilt will be finished. YAY! And, I had just enough batting from my roll to do this quilt!