Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

My Dear Jane Update...

Robbi D.
10 years ago

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. It has been crazy around here. I have had time to sew, though (my husband isn't happy about it).

I finally have my Dear Jane assembled!!! I'm sure it will be years before I get it quilted, but at least the top is done :-) I hated the way the corners went together.

Here is the best picture I can do with only one helper :-)

Robbi

Comments (17)

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Robbi, it's a treasure! You know you've inspired a few more to give this a try?

Nice to see you posting!

Kate

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Robbi, so nice to hear from you.... Your dear jane is awesome...incredible work and great color layout! Congratulations on finishing the top!
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Yeah! Looks great!

How does one quilt one of these, anyway? An all-over design seems too modern, but those pieces are so small, in-the-ditch or echo stitching doesn't seem possible.

Well, guess I have time before I need to worry about it since I haven't even sewn block #1. LOL

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

That's gorgeous. I love the color plan. Have no idea how I'd quilt it. Looking forward to seeing what you plan to do.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

That's beautiful!
    I've just realized there is a quilters forum here on GW. I normally hang out over on the Home building/kitchens/decorating forums here.

Anyway, for those here making the Dear Jane and Farmers Wife sampler quilts have you checked out the Yahoo group pages? On the Farmers Wife group there are templates for paper piecing the challenging blocks, and they're free to print off.
    There are also quite a few finished quilts, which give some interesting ideas for quilting.
    LaFonda, will you machine quilt or hand quilt yours?

• bev2009
    10 years ago

What an accomplishment! When did you start working on it? It's beautiful!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Congratz on your DJ, Robbi!! It looks great!!! You must have been sewing like gangbusters!! I'm sure you didn't neglect your DH so not sure what that's all about. WoooHooo

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

It looks great! And the colors are so well balanced, I commend you for that. I am starting a SBS right now but I doubt I get the colors as well balanced as you have your Dear Jane, so mine is just gonna' be scrappy. Congrats on finishing it and thanks for sharing.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• Robbi D.
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. It feels good to get the top done. It is a BOM that ended last July. It's taken that long for me to get the border attached.

Funny you mentioned the quilting. I was just trying to find a picture that I've seen of the way a quilter did hers. Pretty much each block is quilted individually. It was beautiful from the back. I also liked the idea, because I can do it in stages. A few blocks at a time. And I will machine quilt it. Of course, it will take another 2 years to finish, but who's in a hurry, right!!

Robbi

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Amazing! The colors are really fun. Love that you've persevered. Time or not, you'll get it done and we all want to see that final result.

LindaB/CA

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful work! Great accomplishment. I hope you are smiling big!
    Look at Green Fairy Quilts - Judi Madsen - her quilting is always exquisite - but especially gorgeous on the Dear Jane quilt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Faiiry Quilts - Dear Jane

• ritaweeda
    10 years ago

WOW! Love the way you arranged the colors, too. The piecing is so precise it looks like it was machine-stamped on!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Love it! Will it be coming to camp this year?

beverly

• Robbi D.
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope it will be there, maybe with some quilting done on it?

Marsha, I love that site you posted. That is exactly what I was looking for earlier today. I won't be able to do the quality of work she does, but it gives me plenty of ideas :-)

Robbi

• lola99
    10 years ago

Robbi, you did SUCH a nice job. Your quilt really is fantastic. Congratulations!

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful Robbi! It's definitely a masterpiece.

• FlamingO in AR
    10 years ago

Stunning! I just love a rainbow quilt and this is unbelievable! Great job!

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures