Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've been AWOL!

Posted by jennifer_in_va (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 22:16

Hi everyone!

I know I've been AWOL for awhile, as tends to happen to me between Retreat and the end of the year. I'll try to touch base here a little more often but things are crazy!

I'm currently taking 5 college credits (2 courses) and am feeling almost overwelmed. One is tied to using the Wii Fit program, as well as textbook reading, activities and tests, too! The other Child Psych course starts in a few weeks.

I'm responsible for a quilt for my guild's out going president, Trish, so I'm getting that planned. Need to have all that organized to hand out to members for sewing by the beginning of Feb.

For those at retreat, I got my step-son's quilt top done, and all the quilting finished in time to gift it to them on Christmas. And it's sat in my sewing room since, with the binding sitting on top ready to be sewn on.... And it still sits!

Then there's kids' schooling, and the accumulating activities filling the schedule.

Oh, and we helped an Army friend move houses... took about 6 consecutive days, and then more to help her fix things around her new house.

Needless to say, I've been a bit busy. I've not sewn much, but would very much like to work on the Keepsake QUilting challenge! Have a plan and pattern, just need time to fit in some sewing!! It's due by mid-March.

So, I'll try to pop in and say "Hello" to everyone. I've missed everyone's chatter!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've been AWOL!

We've missed you, too, Jen. With the kids and home schooling I just figured you had your hands full. Glad you are well and busy. Good to hear from you.

o

Life does tend to get in the way sometimes, doesn't it? You are one of those very busy people and I'm just glad that retreat is one of your busy things. :)

Faye

o

You are amazing, sound like you have a full life. Enjoy the moment. Glad you can get back to keep us up to date.

o

Good to have you back! It sounds like you have been super busy - make sure you take a picture of your son's quilt before he gets it for good.
Sue

o

So nice to hear from you! I can't imagine how full your plate is.. I get tired thinking of it ! Do take care of you- that's important. Love to see a pic when the quilt is done, if you have moment to post.....
V.

o

Jen, I was thinking about you just the other day hoping you and your family were all well.

The end of the year holidays usually find me not quilting or sewing. I've received some Etsy orders for smocks, so I'd better get busy.

Teresa

o

I'm right there with you on the busy part!! I was hoping after the holiday's things would slow down a bit. Not a chance! The bad weather has forced us to stay home a few days, and that has been nice since extra activities are cancelled (yeah, more sewing!!).

Hope to "see" you more :-)

Robbi

o

I think you need a spring retreat ...

beverly

o

Spring Retreat! Spring Retreat! :~)

I was also wondering about your son's wedding quilt. I would love to see a picture.

You are so busy~glad you are doing something for yourself!

I so remember those bad weather days as a reprieve from all the kid activities! Everyone needs a break once in awhile.

o

Hey, Jennifer.....your expertise is needed on another thread......about old quilts. We won't throw you in the brig for being AWOL!

SharonG/FL

o

As nice as it sounds, there's no way I could get away for a Spring retreat!

I do get to look forward to my guild's annual Quilt-In in March... One whole day of sewing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here