Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Birthday Block Exchange Community General Discussions - Jan. 2012

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

Happy New Year!

As we said last year, we will continue to post a heading here for present and former Birthday Block Exchange participants so you can say hello and share pictures of the quilts you have completed from your birthday blocks. It doesn't seem like I have been able to get back into sewing much yet - but soon I hope to buckle down!

Jeanne

Comments (5)

• patti60
    12 years ago

well i did start to sew and i have 6 of my blocks done and just found a piece for the disney one. no one here carries it. tommoro will copy the rest of the patterns i need.

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

November and December are a bad time for me at work (long work days and short rest nights at the post office), but that's behind me now and I can feel my sewing engine beginning to rev up... lol! Today I finished a 1-Day Mystery Quilt hosted by planetpatchwork.com, and I just finished going thru my stash and getting it a bit more organized. While doing so, I found that I've already got the fabrics needed for the first 3 blocks, so I can begin sewing tomorrow. Yep! I'm enjoying a 3-day weekend, spending a lot of time with my fabric and sewing machine!

I like it that the first blocks aren't due until late February, what a relief after getting thru the holiday season, eh?
    Talk with you all later...
    Dan

p.s. Here's a picture of the mystery quilt I worked on yesterday and today. It's unfinished because I want to add some more borders to make it a 90"x90" quilt.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dan,
    I love the quilt. I was only brave about trying a mystery quilt once. I have enough trouble picking out the fabric when I know where it is going to go. LOL
    You are right, it is nice that the first blocks for 2012 are not due out until February.
    Thanks for sharing the picture.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm stopping in again before the month ends. How is everyone doing? I haven't found much time to sew this month, but hopefully Feb. will be better. I am almost finished with a wall hanging that I named Strata-Various. I just have a little more of the binding to sew. I'll post a picture when it is complete.
    My daughter Andrea has her top from her 2010 Birthday Block Exchange pieced. It will go to be quilted soon and then she or I will post a picture. It is so pretty!
    If you don't get to post anything this month, come back to post a hello under the February thread!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I've gotten the February birthdays finished & mailed out. I'm working on the next few months, as I get time. I really buckled down last year, and had the entire year finished by this time! I just haven't been able to find my sewing mojo yet.....but I will. :) I need to complete as many as I can in the next month, before the baby gets here.

I haven't gotten the time to put my birthday blocks together for last year. It's going to be a terrific quilt, but there's that mojo problem again. LoL I was hoping Santa would give me a box of motivation for Christmas, but I guess he was all out. :P

Melissa

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!