Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three more Sandy Quilts

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 20:25

Here are the next 3 quilts on their way to Project Linus for Hurricane Sandy victims.

My oldest grandson wanted to keep this one, but it was too small for him. I let him help with the quilting and he had a ball. Guys seem to like anything with a motor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks again for everyone's contributions. Tomorrow I will clean the long arm and get another loaded.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three more Sandy Quilts

All lovely!!
Theresa

o

Good job. You make us proud!

o

This is such a generous project from all involved.
Thanks!

o

Beverly, they are wonderful!

PS - I LOVE your flamingo! Where did you get him? He'd look great next to my fireplace, too! :)

Donna

o

They look beautiful. I can just imagine the recipients joy at receiving them. Thanks!

o

They're gorgeous. The world is better place with all that shared love.

o

Wonderful quilts Beverly. Everyone involved has done a wonderful job. They are sure to be appreciated.

Kristene

o

Thanks everyone. They are all a work of love.

Donna, the flamingo was made by a friend of my dad's. He makes all kind of things. Mom has a rooster and dad has a crane. They are all made from farm tools.

beverly

o

Beverly, I thought my post of earlier today went through, but apparently not...applause to you - the quilts are lovely!

I also share Donna's appreciation for the Flamingo...,he's fabulous! What a special treat for your home...love em!

V.

o

I really like all of them. They will surely be well loved and both heart and body warming!

o

Superb work, what excellent efforts!! I'd expect anyone would be thrilled to get these.

Speaking as an evacuee of H. Sandy who had to come back to live in an apmt house w/ no lights or heat for 3 wks, I can ASSURE YOU the recipients will be delighted.

I was fortunate to not lose people or possessions. Many, many folks lost much if not all they had so rest assured, some visible caring & obvious warmth (in both temperature & spirit) will be more than welcome, I'm sure.

Thank you for your superb work, obvious kindness & generosity!

(PG) Karen Sternberg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here