o
My Current Project (Pix)

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 20:11

A baby quilt for a particular little girl:

Photobucket

I just finished the layout last weekend:

Photobucket

The background is a pretty pastel animal print I saw a while back & realized it'd be great for any baby quilt:

Photobucket

Am enjoying the interplay of a print background w/ pops of solid brights.

Am new to baby quilts, do mostly art quilts & some traditional; this is just my second baby quilt. Will be fun to see what I end up putting on the back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Current Project (Pix)

I like it and think the ducky fabric is adorable. I really like the way you used splashes of brights.

Kate

o

Looks great. The duck/daisy/heart fabric is cute. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Love baby quilts. Very colorful. Will there be a border? Can't wait to see the finished product. Nice job. TFS Jayne

o

I like your layout and fabrics. Please be sure to show us pictures when you are done.

o

I like it too!!!!! The background fabric is adorable.
Rosa

o

Oh pretty pastel colors. I have 2 grandsons and never got to make a baby quilt as my daughter has them sleep with her until they're 2, then they graduate to a Queen mattress on the floor.:-(

o

Hello again,

Thanks everybody for the nice comments & kind words. Yes, I REALLY liked the ducky fabric too.

When I post more pix of this in future (hopefully when it's done), you'll see lots more little critters in the ducky background. To capitalize on that, I fussy cut backwards, sort of. That is to say I fussy cut the background to match the pop of brights.

So in future, you'll see blocks there centered in purple & fussy cut background to match it w/ purple cats. Same w/ yellow & yellow flowers & baby chicks; same w/ pink & pink hearts & pink piggies, etc. I enjoy imagining that some day maybe the parents will use this to teach the little girl her animals.

I had fun playing w/ the layout, wasn't sure what to do.

Suddenly, last wknd, after I posted this & trimmed all the points & had it back up on the wall, it occurred to me ... sashing ... white ... w/ bright corner blocks ... then I had to remind myself I chose this block & designed it this way in the hopes of it being FAST & easy (easy - points, who was I kidding?)

No, I don't think there'll be a border, I'm all out of ducky fabric & don't think I want an unrelated print, but we'll see when the top is pieced how I feel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here