Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Jan. 10-12

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

We are finally able to get out. We were snowed-in most of the week and our county was under a Level 3 snow emergency. Yesterday it was downgraded to level 2 and today we are at level one. The schools have been closed all week also. I went for groceries on Thursday and the roads were terrible. DH was craving a burger from McD's so I went into town this evening. The main roads are much better today.
I have been sewing and working on a puzzle while snowbound this week. I have finished all 24 of the 54-40 or Fight blocks for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt and have finished 3 of the Birthday Girl blocks for the same quilt. I have the pieced borders finished too.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (16)

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I can wish. But again, I have no idea.

Out most of the day tomorrow with family commitments, but nothing planned for Sunday. However, littlest seems to have come down with a cold and is not taking 3 hr naps like she should!

We'll see.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I hope so, Linda. I'm working on a strip novelty top right now and would like to finish that and also sandwich at least one, maybe two quilts. DH plans to be gone tomorrow morning, so if I don't sit and Facebook with my coffee, I should get something done!

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Tomorrow we are going to see my mom for her BD, but Sunday I plan to start assembling my Celtic Solstice blocks. :)

Donna

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

DH Jim is home from his 10 day trip to Minneapolis (brrrr! cold!!!) so I won't be doing as much sewing this weekend, but I'll do some.
    1. Still working on lotto blocks and should have a few more to post soon.
    2. Doing a wall hanging for entryway outside front door that could get finished this weekend.

Kate

• bev2009
    10 years ago

DD didn't leave from Christmas until Wed and then I got called into work Thursday and Friday so I am behind. But in between taking down Christmas (really behind), working on the bird sanctuary we are creating, cooking and cleaning, I'll will get some quilting done. I have Jan Lotto cut out, so that will be my first priority and then working on DD's depression blocks.

The quilt store in the next town had a fire in their building some months ago, but it was in the upper level and all they got was water damage. They washed all their fabric and it is $5 a yard. I went in to get more fabric and found they are closing at the end of the month. I'm so sad, they had a huge selection. The quilt shop around the corner from me is tiny.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Well, shoot! That didn't work out so well. Had a bad night and slept in late....so late it was almost time for DH to be home. Sigh...... It's 12:30pm and I'm still sucking on my coffee, watching Notre Dame basketball with the cat laying across my legs. But, I did work on it a bit last night. :-)

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

We have rain and I have all of my Christmas put away except for the tree.

I have started a Bucilla tree skirt and I hope to go through my stash to see what I need for an autograph quilt for a senior. I am really behind on this one!
    Rosa

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have my favorite machine home again! I drove to Ft. Wayne this morning to get it. I told my DIL I would buy her a serger and was going to get it today. They are out of the model I want so will call me when they get more in the shop. Oh well, I guess I will have to make another trip.
    Linda OH

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I have been sick with the flu all week, so have not gotten any quilting done. Hoping next week is better.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Bummer on the illness part. Mend quickly. The lack of quilt time will pass. The big news here is the foothills in CA are having RAIN, glorious RAIN. Sure is unfortunate weather can't be shared isn't it. All those too cold places and those too dry places.

Made three crocheted hats. Gotta get back to work on the table runners.
    LindaB/CA

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Yesterday, I finally got the binding on a small quilt that I was supposed to have done by December 11th (it was a birthday present) after a long time of not sewing... I seriously had to dust my machines before I could start sewing. It was so nice to have two machines set up because I left the walking foot on one and used the other one for quarter inch stuff and joining pieced binding strips.... and when I needed to wind a bobbin, I didn't have to unthread the machine I was using because I wound it on the other machine!

Then I got mad because I lost the seam ripper that came with one of my machines and even though I have 8 other ones, I wanted *that* specific one... I wasn't going to sew again until I found it, so after tearing the place upside down, I found it in the trash can by the sewing desk... it had fallen off and I didn't realize it. Yesterday was the first day that I was technically able to go to a sit and sew (due to work schedule) in months, but I was too tired to make food and pack the machines and drive an hour, so I just turned on Bonnie Hunter's archived quilt cam episodes and sewed at home.

We'll see if I get anything done tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend!

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Bobby, the trash can is the first place I look when seam rippers go missing! Glad you found it. My older one has disappeared, too...I think it might be in the bag of tiny scraps that I give to one of the guild ladies for dog bed stuffing. I'll have to sift through it before I give it away. :)

Donna

• nannykins
    10 years ago

No sewing today. I did the Feb, and Mar. Lotto blocks on Fri./Sat. So today is kitchen work...soup, pies.
    Our LQS had a little ad in their newsletter for handmade seam rippers. They are made by a gentleman who makes pens. His wife is a quilter and she "commissioned" him to make her a new ripper that fit in her hand comfortably. They have the look and heft of an old-fashioned fountain pen and are made of various materials encased in acrylic. I gave my sister one for Christmas, hers has wood from the olive trees in Jerusalem. Mine is a black/gold scrolly design and my daughter's has small blocks of coloured bits. They even had red ones, they would be hard to lose.

Theresa

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Thanks Linda, I hope I will be well soon, I miss my quilting time. Mostly doing stuff on the computer as I can easily spray my mouse and keyboard with Lysol every day. Hoping I am completely over the flu by next weekend. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• calliope
    10 years ago

Not really, I cut out four strips of cloth to make HSTs to finish the last few sets I need to start putting together the Mystery Quilt that was on the New Years thread. I am into a project I've been planning for years now, and shall be most of the rest of winter on it, and that's if I keep plugging at it steadily. Any quilting will be done only if I need a mental health break from my project.

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Donna, that's a good idea, to look in the trash first... experience is a great teacher, no? Hope you find yours!

Well, I didn't work on the project that I needed to finish, but I did hand sew some binding on one that I started 2 years ago...

The day got off to an interesting start.... Yesterday, at work, a co-worker gave me a Hershey's kiss... well I threw it in my pocket and didn't think much of it... apparently, it fell out of my pocket last night when I was getting out of my work clothes. I woke up with chocolate smashed and smeared and melted all over the bed sheets and pillows and comforter... and me! It looked like I'd lost control of my bodily functions or something! I've been washing bed sheets all day and I'm still trying to lick chocolate off my elbow! Ugh!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH