Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Jan. 23-25

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I am ready to head up the stairs to my sewing room. I have all 20 blocks completed for a quilt that I have wanted to make for months. Each block is made of 16 - 3 1/2 inch drunkards path blocks. I used a layer cake plus plain white fabric and cut it with my GO cutter.
My plans for the weekend are to finish the top of this quilt and to work in the basement.
We still have lots of totes and boxes down there. DH put some shelves together today and filled them with his tools. I think I will have him get more shelves for me to fill. I have lots of kitchen items that I use infrequently and don't have room for them in the kitchen. My SIL is going to come put totes in the crawl space for me too.
Are your sewing or quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (12)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Over the past week I have been making Spider Web blocks. Will continue on the weekend.
    I think I will never use up all the strips and scraps I have, so keep looking for patterns using them.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I have the blocks made for Mackenzie's quilt and plan to get them together for the top this week-end. Also want to make some burp cloths too. Hope to do that tomorrow so can give them on Sunday if they happen to make it to a birthday party here in town.

SharonG/FL

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Several irons in the fire: one February lotto block completed; three to go. This is a really pretty block!!! And, have cut out two bobbin lace cases - each will hold 12 pair of wooden bobbins (total of 24/ case)...hope to have these done and ready to mail on Monday. Hope these projects are completed by Sunday evening. Up next will be to finish a Ga Tech chair blankie for my son (all cut and ready to lay out). A christening gown for my newest great niece...using bits and pieces from both her maternal and paternal grandmothers wedding gowns. Maybe can start these in the upcoming week.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Beth, what a neat idea for a christening gown!

I'm working at our quilt show tomorrow afternoon. The show started today. I'm working as a floater in the afternoon and then helping with quilt return.

Sunday I really need to clean the house. Maybe I can get some sewing time after that.

I had orientation for my new job yesterday. We learned a lot! I start a week from Monday.

Donna

• jackier123
    9 years ago

I don't know how much quilting I will get done. My cousin has finished her first quilt top, with my help. Tomorrow I am making her learn how to quilt it on the longarm. :)

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I finished a quilt top this past week and now my goal is to start sandwiching the various tops I have...hope to get at least one together if time permits on Sunday.
    Love the idea of the christening gown from the wedding gowns...how special!
    V.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Taking a friend to the Maui Quilt Shop in Kihei tomorrow. I'm looking for a backing for a Hawaiian fabric layer cake quilt. It has bright floral Hawaiian prints with dark purple sashings and borders. I've decided to give it to a dear friend in my chorus who married her longtime partner last August.

I found the perfect little cabinet for my sewing machine and supplies. It is very sturdy, but it needs to be refinished, so now I'm looking for a faux finish idea for it. Something in aqua, I think. Right now it's flat black with red hardware. I've got to get my creative juices flowing.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Linda I am also unpacking and organizing stuff in my new home. This week I unpacked school homework supplies and stored them in my son's desk in his bedroom, I moved baby boxes and my son's old books and toys he has outgrown out of his bedroom closets and put them in the front entry way closet. Then I unpacked 2 large boxes of board games and put them in the front entry way closet. Then I unpacked and put away some throw blankets in my son's room. Last night my husband put together the bookshelf my parents got my son for Christmas and we then unpacked 4 boxes of my son's current books and displayed some trophies and dinosaur stuff on my son's bookshelf. Hoping this weekend to sort 5 boxes of toys ... some to go in toy tubs in my son's room and others to be purged out to be stored or shared with younger family members. I managed to get two 8" Granny Square quilt blocks hand-pieced this week. Hoping once I get the house fully unpacked to have more time for my quilt projects. I still need to unpack photo frames and decor for the living room, office, and my sewing room - hoping to get to that this coming week. I may do a little hand-piecing on a granny block this weekend. Donna glad you are excited about your new job. Lois happy you found a cabinet for your sewing machine and stuff.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Well, I turned on the sewing machine...Does that count?!

I did actually sew on Girl Scout patches today.

I have a quilt loaded on the frame. I want to use a generic quilt top that I finished to practice a quilting design for another quilt. But even though this is just a practice quilt, I'm reluctant to work on it. I guess I'm too hard on myself and don't want to see it less than satisfactory. So I keep procrastinating.

But I have two other projects that must get started, so I'll have to bite the bullet at some point...

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

I'm doing the hand stitching on a binding. Plus, making king-size pillow shams to match the quilt I made for my brother.

Then I need to decide what the next quilt will be....

Happy Quilting!!

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I am getting packed up for a trip to host a 95th birthday party for Mom. In between I sew a few BH mystery blocks together. Must get it ready for the longarmer in Feb. I refuse to start something new till that is moved out of my sewing room. I'm putting an outside border on it beyond what the pattern has so I can throw it over my king size bed if I like it.

Lois you inspire me. I love making Hawaiian blocks. I'll be in that same quilt shop in March. If you win the Jan or Feb lotto, I can drop off your blocks myself. LOL

This post was edited by toolgranny on Sun, Jan 25, 15 at 23:46

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Linda, be sure to keep me posted as to when you will be on Maui. I'd love to meet you in Kihei or wherever. Where do you stay when you are here? We are north of Lahaina in Honokowai at a resort called Papakea. Lois

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County