Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Like I really need Another Book lol

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

I had seen the 'Bullfrog Boogie' quilt on another forum last year and I had a pattern that was simliar for a baby quilt.

The book is out of print and now the patterns are being sold individually.

I really like the 'Otober Sky' and the 'Fox in the Hen House' so I bought the book for $9 + shipping.

Why do I buy books when I have plenty of patterns already??

But it has really cute patterns!!!!!!!

Someone needs to put me on time out so I will clean, the dust bunnies laugh at me when I walk by.

Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: TakeTimeToQuilt

Comments (9)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

"Someone needs to put me on time out so I will clean, the dust bunnies laugh at me when I walk by." Better than your husband begging you to clean up your mess when you walk by - I'm Guilty! My little dog has discovered my box of scraps - to get my attention, she has been grabbing a mouthful & running all over the house dropping scraps in her path! Like there isn't enough of them already!!

I just bought a pattern I looked at over a year ago and asked myself why I buy a pattern when I have so many books??
    and all the free patterns on the web - what is wrong with me?????

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Love the fox in the henhouse quilt! It's so cute!

I figure as long as we have food on the table and a roof over our heads, spending money on my quilting is fine! And let those bunnies laugh!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Go ahead, Rosa, you have permission to buy more quilting books and patterns if you want to! It's your right!!! When you discover how to keep the dust bunnies at bay without outside help, let me know.

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marsha, I am the same way I have so many patterns and you're right!! there are so many FREE ones lol!!!! Your doggie sounds adorable, I need him to pick up my sewing room lol.

Thank you Sharon!! I have been busy with the holidays, blood drive, and a pain in the butt new computer. I was talking to my mother yesterday about how the bunnies are always going to be here so why not just make friends with them lol!!!!!

Donna, to me it's the same as when I was growing up and dad would say eat everything on your plate there are starving kids in China. Now I just buy all the quilting things to save the quilters in China lol!!!!
    Rosa

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

Rosa,
    A new quilt book of patterns takes up such a little room and inspires in a big way! Good decision to get it.

I loved the website and spent some time there, Thanks!

Gwen

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Rosa, I laughed at your post earlier today then bought one myself whenI stopped in a quilt shop on the way home! Mine is on mariners compass medallion quilts.

Kate

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kate, I also want to make a quilt with a mariner compass medallion center!!!!

Gwen, I have so liitle space left in my sewing room now!!! My room is small and I really want to get it organized but then I can't find anything.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Rosa, this is the book I bought. You might want to look for it!

Kate

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kate!!! The cover is gorgeous!!!

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company