Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

GardenWeb has joined Houzz

magothyrivergirl
9 years ago

FYI -- changes ahead -- Progress, I suppose.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb has joined Houzz

Comments (11)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Interesting! I hadn't heard this, Marsha, so thanks for posting it.
    They say they won't share our contact information but they currently share photos from their other sites. That doesn't bother me but I know some of you have objected in the past to the idea that anything posted here can be found with an internet search. We'll have to wait for updates to see how they plan to share photos.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Well I received an email today on my old email address that I no longer have listed with the GardenWeb about all of this. I should have received an email at my new updated email address that I have listed on GardenWeb. I am not happy that the GardenWeb is not using my new email address that I changed last year.... leaves me wondering what personal information they are passing on to this other site.?

Best to you,
    Sandra

This post was edited by quiltingfox on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 16:32

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We need to take a wait and see approach before exiting. These inevitable changes may result in a better experience for us on the Quilting Forum.

I haven't received an email yet. What did it say?

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Here's the message I received.

We've got some exciting news to share with you.

Last week, GardenWeb joined the Houzz family. The GardenWeb and Houzz communities have a lot in common with regard to our shared passion for our homes and gardens and the overwhelmingly positive experience we try to provide our members. You may even belong to both GardenWeb and Houzz already!

You may have some questions about what to expect in the coming weeks, so we wanted to share some preliminary information with you. Rest assured, it is very important to us to maintain the incredible community you have been a part of creating over the years.

We will:

Preserve GardenWeb forums - We love the GardenWeb community and we want it to remain strong and vibrant.
    Respect your Privacy - Houzz does not and will not share your contact information with any advertisers.
    Next week we'll be in touch with more information and an email to confirm your GardenWeb account, but in the meantime, if you have feedback, questions, or concerns please don't hesitate to email us at feedback@gardenweb.com. We would love to hear from you.

The GardenWeb and Houzz Teams

Privacy Policy
    © 2015 Houzz Inc. All rights reserved. : 310 University Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Lois! Same msg as I saw outside of GW.
    Hope you are enjoying your escape from Winter Weather :~)

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Thanks Marsha, I had not seen that. Yup, let's wait and see.

beverly

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I got that same email but mine hasn't changed in years. We'll wait and see. We've been through these changes before and we still remain a community.

• fran1523
    9 years ago

I don't think much will really change. Face it, once you post a picture on the internet it is no longer private. The interface between Houzz and Garden Web will probably be easier.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Thankfully my account transitioned smoothly to houzz with my updated email address, so am happy about that. I know Theresa had problems transitioning her account and had to switch usernames. How is everyone else fairing with these changes?

Best to you all,

Sandra

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I like that you can post 4 pics at one time.

Best to you all,

Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

So far, I dislike, immensely!

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Fairfax County