Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

OT - Engaged

polardream
11 years ago

Our DS, Tyler, proposed to his long time girlfriend, Katie on Christmas eve and she accepted. We are thrilled! Now comes the big dilemma - what kind of quilt to make for them! They haven't set a date, but he is thinking "fall" which could interfere with the Camp Cheerio retreat. I hope I can steer them away from that weekend! :)
Just had to share the great news!

Sue

Comments (15)

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Congratulations!!! You could do a double wedding ring quilt.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Congratulations. That is exciting news. I am sure you will find just the right thing for them.TFS

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Congrats! What a wonderful way to begin the new year.

• lola99
    11 years ago

How fun! Congratulations to Tyler and Katie. We look forward to hearing about the wedding quilt. :)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

ConGratz to Katie. She's getting a great MIL!!! If they choose the retreat week-end, bring them both along. I'm sure we can make time for a wedding. All the best to all of you. You have an exciting year ahead of you!

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

Congratulations Sue! You will have an exciting year!
    Linda OH

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Sue! They cannot choose the retreat weekend! My son did that to me year before last. LOL My husband and I are hoping to come out your way this year. I am thinking September maybe. I want to show him the Denver/Colorado Springs area. Maybe I will see Jesus again!

Jackie

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Congrats, Sue. I know they are going to make you one happy grandma some day.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Congratualtions, she is a lucky gal to have you for a MIL!

Hey Jackie, you definitely need to go back to that area and see if you can "see Jesus" again...what a great tale you told, go for another sighting, I'd love to hear it!

V.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

How exciting Sue! Fun times ahead!!! :)

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Shat great news. They definitely shouldn't pick retreat weekend. Last weekend of September sounds good. What about a Shakespeare in the Park quilt. Google it to see pictures. Think about all the baby quilts in your future.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Congratulations!! I love having fun things to look forward to :-)

Jackie, that was a great story about seeing Jesus! I hope you have better conditions this time :-)

Robbi

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Congratulations to both you and the young couple! How wonderful.

For my oldest (stepson John & his wife Yoko - seriously, LOL), I made a pattern called Linked Squares which is in Better Homes & Garden's book "America's Heritage Quilts" published in 1991.

I WISH I had a photo, but alas, way back then (1998) it had never even occurred to me to document my quilts. The quilt now lives in Japan, and is much loved.

I tried to find a link on Google, but none showed this exact quilt. It has the feel of a Double Wedding Ring, with interlocked squares.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

How exciting!! It's going to be a busy year for you. I visited friends in Denver and my sis lived in Col Springs for a while. Beautiful area for a wedding!!
    Rosa

• polardream
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the quilt ideas!

Mary, I have ordered the American Heritage quilts book from the library - it will take a few weeks to get here, but I am looking foreward to checking out the Linked Squares pattern.

Fran, Shakespeare in the Park is beautiful - another fun idea.

Jackie, September is a beautiful time to be in Colorado. Be sure to let me know when you are coming so we can get together!

We went today to look at venues for the wedding. Tyler & Katie want an OUTDOOR wedding, but are thinking about the end of NOVEMBER! YIKES, that is cold. We are hoping to get them to move it to earlier ... They are looking at a place in Estes Park and it is really beautiful, but ...
    We will see how much influence we can have.

Will keep you posted.
    Sue