Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Accuquilt Go

jackier123
9 years ago

I broke down and purchased an Accuquilt Go and the 2, 2.5 and 3.5 inch strip dies. I absolutely love it to cut up my scraps! I don't think I would ever cut yardage with it but it makes cutting scraps into strips a breeze. Maybe I will eventually conquer the scrap pile!

Comments (9)

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I think Bonnie Hunter has finally gotten to you!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My scraps have gotten to me LOL A friend of mine had purchased one and said it made it easier on her shoulders, so I thought "why not?" and it is great for the scraps. I cut up a bunch already this evening. I do love Bonnie Hunter quilts because they remind me of the quilts my grandmother made.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I did not realize they have dies to cut strips with, I guess I had only thought of it as an applique piece cutting tool....... that sounds awesome that it will cut strips! Glad you are having fun.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I NEVER use mine....bought it when it first came out.
    People who actually use it, LOVE it. Maybe someday, if I ever embrace scrappy.
    I had this same conversation this week with some quilter friends.

• new2quilting
    9 years ago

I use my Sizzix a lot for applique with various shapes, made this Christmas t-shirt with a truck die. I might want to try one of the standard squares (2.5" or 5") that I use a lot. The quilt show usually has it 30% off if you buy there so I think I'll add that to my wish list. Glad you are making good use of yours. I find I do best when I just get the machine out and make an afternoon of it. I make my Christmas cards and paper projects as well and find it works great on felt and fabric.

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

I like mine too. It does take a little getting use to folding to avoid fabric waste, but the precision is worth it.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I'm intrigued...love that tee shirt, I could seeing doing something fun for special events and holidays...hmmm...I need a new toy, I do not need a new toy, eeny, meany, miney, moe....

• coosavalleyquilter
    9 years ago

I haven't been on this sight for quite a long time, but thought I'd pop back in and take a look. I have an accu-quilt go machine and I absolutely love it. The 21/2 inch die cuts 3 strips at a time, and it really cuts down time making strips for binding. Right now, I'm piecing a hexagon quilt using the die for my accu-quilt to cut the pieces. It will cut about 6 layers at a time. I hope to get some more dies as I can afford to.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Oh Oh... looks like Val is going shopping for a new toy! LOL

I don't have one of these and since I would rather look at a scrappy quilt than make one, I think I'll leave this machine to you all. However, I do heartily approve of the purchase of new toys!

kate