Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

Pics- His & Hers Wine 9PP

magothyrivergirl
12 years ago

My last Christmas Presents that got completed & given away-

the His & Hers Wine Themed 9Patch Pizazz Quilts. I worked on both of these at Camp Cheerio, finishing the top on the His & completely piecing the Hers. The backing is the same for both quilts, purchased at Mary Jo's & the binding on the Hers is made from fabric Cindy gave away. Trish suggested I bind the Hers in burgundy - I didn't realize until I got home how perfect Cindy's fabric was for that quilt. Good memories......and I am glad I got them finished on time!

The Hers~I quilted it in fancy wine swirls, grape leaves, bunches of grapes in a variegated thread. It took too long & you couldn't see the designs, so I quilted a large meandered on the His & big grape leaves on the border, in a different variegated thread.

Thanks for looking!

Hers:

The backing on both:

His:

Comments (13)

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Oh, wow, they are beautiful! Did they go to a husband & wife? I really like the wine theme.

Donna

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

They turned out so nicely. Good job. Bet you're glad to get those done. Did the kids like them?

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They went to my son and his live in lady -- they are a great match - we have high hopes :)
    They loved them! The very funny thing is they had gone to a Quilt shop while visiting the Fingerlakes (NY) during the summer to buy me some fabric - regional wine fabrics. Complete coincidence. Sweet & thoughtful, but he kept forgetting to send them to me or bring them home when they came. I proceeded with the fabrics I had bought.
    Not one fabric is a duplicate!

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Both are gorgeous Marsha!!! At least you already know they will love them!!!!
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Very nice and the quilting is wonderful. Just right for the theme of the quilt.
    Finger Lakes????That is my country! I wonder what quilt shop he found to visit??lol
    How could they not love them.TFS

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Your quilting makes me jealous! You do a great job with it!

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Absolutely stunning!

I hope some day I will be able to quilt as beautifully as you do!

Julie

• day2day
    12 years ago

They are beautiful!
    You did a wonderful job.
    I like your quilting...wish I could do that nice a quilting.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Very nice Marsha! The quilting on both is wonderful.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Great quilts, Marsha! Hers is my favorite.....really like that layout!

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jayne - the Quilt shop is O'Susannah's Quilts & Gifts Watkins Glen, NY. She has The Upstairs Inn for retreats and workshops. My son went upstairs to check it out (why??) ~ ya just never know the influence you have on your kids ~lol. He bought me a bundle of 12 Fat Quarters beautifully cut and tied.
    Thank you for the compliments on the quilting. I am getting better and more adventurous with each quilt. I have a Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter, a domestic 9" throat machine, that I put on a frame. Nothing fancy at all! I am very limited by the area I can quilt - about 5 1/2". I quilt free hand. I practice alot! I have had to read and teach myself everything, so thank you very much.

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Marsha, your quilts are great. You should be so proud of your quilting expertise. Is there any chance you could post a photo of your set-up, the Pfaff and frame? Do you piece with another machine and keep the Pfaff on the frame all the time? Thanks. Lois

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Marsha! I especially like her layout and the quilting is perfect!

Dee

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County