Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

My 2013 Quilt

Kristene Smith
10 years ago

I finally finished the quilt I had been working on for most of 2013. It is for my son, Jay, and his partner, Lisa. They came to visit this week and I was able to hand it to them. I pieced the top but had the quilting done on an automatic machine. The coloured section fits on top of a queen size bed, and the blue border hangs down the sides of the bed

Kristene

Comments (17)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a close up of the main block in the quilt
    Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the reverse of the quilt showing more of the quilting. The bind is multi- coloured, using all the different fabrics in the quilt.
    Kristene

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Oh, I really like that!! Love the bright colors and the [organized] layout!

I'm sure they truly love it!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Kristene, No kidding! I was looking at a quilt with this pattern last night trying to figure out if I could use the HST's I have on hand. I really like it!!!

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    10 years ago

it is wonderful. i bet they were thrilled.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

That's a really beautiful quilt!!! TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

They must have loved it. Nice use of colors and I like multi-colored binding for a quilt with many colors. Nice job. TFS

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Very nice design and just love the bright colors!!!...I bet they were thrilled!
    V.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Charming arrangement of the brights, first I thought they were mostly solids. To see the fabrics close up was an extra treat, a great combination of prints you've got. I'll bet the recipients are just delighted.

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

I'm glad you showed us a close up of the block. It is hard to tell how it's made. I just love your colors. I'm sure they will treasure it.

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. There are a lot of HST in the quilt. I made up little sections and joined then together into bigger squares, then into the block. Lots of cutting out and checking for correct colour placement. Yes, they do love the quilt - even the reverse "plain" side. They intend using the reverse side in Winter and the patterned side in Summer.
    Now my daughter & her fiance have chosen a quilt for me to do for them this year. Fortunately it is much easier to do, so shouldn't take as long to complete. They have chosen black & white, maybe with a little red, for their colours. I've always wanted to use these colours, so I'm really happy to finally be using them.
    Kristene.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Great quilt, Kristene. I love the bright colors with the crisp white background. You did a lovely job. Lucky kids.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Nice work, and having worked on quilts with tiny HSTs and presently working on one, I know how much time and work goes into it. Lovely.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I love it! The colors are festive, bright and perfect for a young couple. I really like the reverse side also, shows the beautiful quilting motifs very well. Good idea to display both sides.
    You are amazing to have cut and pieced all those HST's for a year long project! What we do for our kids ~LOL~

Glad you are sewing and posting. I am anxious to see the pattern your daughter selected.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Very pretty! I love the colors and the design.

Donna

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I love the colors in your quilt!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

It's beautiful. I love how cheery it is and that's a great idea to enjoy it on either side for seasonal change.
    LindaB/CA

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES