Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Make a Wish - Feb 26th - Deanna (faintheart)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Just starting a thread for everyone to post when they send their blocks to Deanna and for Deanna to reply when she receives them.

Kristene (tinyteena)

Comments (27)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Deanna,
    Just letting you know that I will be posting my block to you tomorrow (27th Jan). Should arrive between 8th-10th Feb

Kristene(tinyteena)

• cziga
    13 years ago

I posted your block today ... should get there with plenty of time to spare, but you never can tell :)

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Thank you for letting me know. I will keep watch for them and let you know when they arrive. It is going to be sooooooo hard to wait until the 26th to open.

Deanna

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping this thread back to page 1
    Kristene (TinyTeena)

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Cathleen, your block arrived today! Perfect surprise on a snowbound, frigid day. I couldn't resist opening and daughter was encouraging me to (so I have an excuse). lol It's beautiful! I love the block and the colors are perfect. Thank you!

Deanna

• redrosey_2008
    13 years ago

Deanna, I'm mailing your block to you today so should get it before your birthday..... Kitty

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Deanna,
    Even though I think it is too early to mail you block I did today. Sometimes it is difficult for me to get to the PO and as I was mailing another BDB I sent yours as well.
    This time of year it is better to be early. Jayne

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Kitty, your blocks arrived Saturday. Thank you so much for the wonderful blocks!

Jayne, your block arrived yesterday. Another beautiful block and I appreciate the extra blue fabric as well!

I have been in a quilting cloud finishing the bargello started a few weeks ago (done as of last night) and am looking forward to working with these great b-day blocks next. I love the diversity of pattern choices and fabrics. Thank you all!

Deanna

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Two more squishies today! I am really liking this birthday month despite -19* temps on the way to work this morning.

Kristine, your pretty block arrived today. Thank you for the extra fabric as well! Your predicted arrival date was right on target. :)

Eileen, your lovely block arrived today as well. Thank you too for the extra tuck-in!

So far the tally for received blocks is:
    Cathleen
    Jayne
    Kitty
    Kristene
    Eileen

This is going to be a wonderful sampler quilt for sure! I'd best start planning the layout.

Dee

• equilter
    13 years ago

Glad you like the block, Dee. I was going to write that I sent the block but this message is arriving after the block! These birthday blocks are a lot of fun....Eileen

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Hi, I'm going to try and mail your block on Friday. Another snow day tomorrow and I don't go to town unless I have to. Hopefully Friday things will be better. I know we don't have it very bad here in Oklahoma but we aren't use to this either. When we have snow it is usaully gone the next day. all the snow hadn't melted from last week and we got more. But I will mail your block as soon as I can. tara

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Tara, no problem. I certainly understand about the unusual weather you've been experiencing too. It takes even those of us who are used to getting some snow a while to get back in the swing of winter driving. The cold has been horrible here the last few weeks and I can imagine how unbearable it must be for those not used to such extremes this winter! Spring is on the way!!!

Dee

• paulah_gardener
    13 years ago

Deanna I mailed your block yeaterday the 11th Have a great birthday. Paula

• jackier123
    13 years ago

Deanna, I am putting your block in the mail tomorrow. I am pretty sure it will get there in time if we do not have another huge snow in the East.

Jackie

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Jackie. Sure hope there aren't any more huge snows as they will likely come through here first!

Tara and Paula, your beautiful blocks arrived yesterday. Thank you both for your addition to this sampler! This is so much fun and I am admiring everyone's wonderful work.

Here is the count as of this morning:
    Cathleen
    Jayne
    Kitty
    Kristene
    Eileen
    Tara
    Paula

Have a great day all!
    off to work.......
    Deanna

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Melissa, your block arrived yesterday. Another great addition to what is going to be a wonderful sampler quilt. Thank you!

All are on the design wall and I will wait until I've got them all for picture. :)

Deanna

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

Deanna,
    Your block is done and will go out in the mail tomorrow.
    Vasu

• wynative
    13 years ago

Deanna,

Your block is going out tomorrow (Thursday) sorry it will be late :(

Have a wonderful birthday!
    Marie

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Deanna,

I'm sorry your block will be late. It's been finished for a week, but I didn't get to the PO because of too many little ones. Now we're having a wonderful (?) snow storm. I sure hope this is our last before spring arrives!! I will get it to the PO later today if we can get out, if not it will definitely go tomorrow --- even if I have to drive it to you myself!
    [How's YOUR weather?? Maybe I WANT to drive your way! LOL]

~Cindy

• equilter
    13 years ago

Hi, Deanna,
    Happy Birthday tomorrow! Hope you have a great day...Eileen

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Have a wonderful birthday
    Kristene (TinyTeena)

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Deanna! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I wasn't in your group but I certainly look forward to seeing your blocks.
    Jeanne

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Thank you all! I am having a great day! This old lady is about birthday'd out now. lol

Jackie, your block arrived the other day. Thank you so much for it and the extra HSTs! Couldn't have come on a better day as I had to endure some unexpected medical tests. To come home and find your envie was a wonderful surprise! The block is beautiful!!! I've put together the HSTs and it helped take my mind off waiting for test results.

The cake Kristene made looks delicious! ;) Thank you! I've got extra pink champagne cake that DD made left also. By all means, grab a piece of cake before I eat both of them by myself!!!

• jackier123
    13 years ago

I am glad your block made it. Hope your tests came out ok and you are having a great birthday!

Jackie

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Your pink champagne cake certainly looks scrumptious! Wish I were there in person!
    Kristene

• faintheart
    13 years ago

Vasu and Marie, your blocks arrived yesterday and Cindy's came today. They are beautiful!

I am so excited to put together this quilt! It will go in the master bedroom when finished. Now I need to get busy and plan the layout. I think all blocks have been received and accounted for. Thank you all!!!!!
    Cathleen
    Jayne
    Kitty
    Kristene
    Eileen
    Tara
    Paula
    Melissa
    Jackie
    Vasu
    Marie
    Cindy

Aren't they beautiful?

Thank you for making this birthday a great one! 54 isn't so bad after all. ;)

Deanna

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Deanna - such nice blocks! It's always fun to see all the blocks together & you really do have great ones! Your quilt is going to be beautiful!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm