Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Ribbons & Bows - Feb 14th - Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Just starting a thread for everyone to post when they send their blocks to Jeanne and for Jeanne to reply when she receives them.

Kristene (tinyteena)

Comments (32)

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I bought fabric on Saturday. Now to cut and sew!

Robbi

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I just thought I would post that my birthday is not really on Feb. 14th - although I think it would be fun to have your birthday fall on Valentine's Day! I am using my actual birthday in the Piece of Cake group and since we had so many birthdays in March, whereas February was a light month, when I signed up for Ribbons & Bows, I "adjusted" that date just for my participation in this group. It will be lots of fun to have two birthdays and to have my first ever Valentine's Day Birthday this year!
    Jeanne

• wendyfaye
    13 years ago

Hi Jeanne, Since I've learned that my blocks can take anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks to cross the border AND since I have yours done :), I'll be putting it in the mail this week. If it travels fast, it will be a test of your willpower, or you can just open it early, haha.

Faye

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I mailed mine today. Please keep an eye out for it.

beverly

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping this thread back to page 1

Kristene (Tinyteena)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    I'm posting your block tomorrow - 1st Feb - so should be there by 14th Feb

Kristene (tinyteena)

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Jeanne yours is going out today:)

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Hi Jeanne

I have your Valentine unbirthday block cut out and will sew it tomorrow. Depending on the weather (we have a winter storm warning in effect for the next 2.5 days) I will mail it one day this week.

Mary

• salijo
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I thought I had purchased some garnet fabric for your block the last time I went to the fabric store, but I don't see it amongst the other fabric I purchased. So I'm going to have to go out and get some. Unfortunately, it will probably be at least a couple of days before I can go; because, like Mary, I'm under a winter storm warning...one article I read online called it a "Monster" winter storm! Since I work full-time, I'm hoping to make your block this weekend and mail it out early next week. Hopefully, it will get there by your UNbirthday day!

Salijo

• kay6271
    13 years ago

Jeanne, mailed your block this morning, ahead of the Snowpocalypse that's on its way.

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I totally understand about the snow. I just returned from CA yesterday and was very luck to have selected all the airports that I did - no problem getting through. However, I got in around midnight and haven't opened my mail or much of my e-mail yet, so it's time to get busy on those now. I think there may be a birthday block or two in my stack of mail. Will post a thank you a bit later.
    For those with snow, stay safe and warm!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I received my quilt block and a clever "un-birthday card" from Beverly. The colors are just perfect. Thanks, Beverly!
    Here's my first block of the year:

Jeanne

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    I mailed your block today. Have a lot of fun opening all you surprise packages. Happy Birthday-----------------------Jayne

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Jeanne
    It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Southern Ontario so I did get to town today! Your block is in the mail and should get to you before your un-birthday!

Mary

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

More birthday blocks have arrived. This is such fun!
    Thank you to Kay for this block:

...and to Cindy for this block:

Sorry I didn't get the picture lined up just right. They are totally square!

Thank you both for the birthday cards as well!

I will keep watching the mail for the others that are on their way.

Jeanne

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Jeanne,

I am happy to say that I finally got your "unbirthday" block package in the mail to you today. You should have it Monday or Tuesday!

Hugs, Katherine

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Katherine, your package sure got here fast! Katherine sent two blocks - one in each of the color combinations. I also received my blocks from Kristene and Jayne. Kristene and Jayne, thank you for the little surprises that you tucked in. I love both of them. So thanks to all and I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I'm back to post pictures. I am really enjoying the special mail that has been arriving. Thanks to each one of you. I'm sorry that some of the blocks did not get pressed before I took pictures. It depended on whether I had my iron out or not. They are all nicely square and look just fine so sorry for showing some wrinkles.

From Kristene:

From Jayne:
    {{!gwi}}

... and two from Katherine - one in each of the possible color combinations.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thanks so much!

Jeanne

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Your block will be on it's way today. I'd rather watch the games huddled under a quilt, anyway. @:)

SharonG/FL

• benken
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Your un-birthday block went in the mail today. Hopefully it will be there by the weekend. All the ones you've posted so far look great--it's going to be a striking quilt!

Linda

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I'm also headed to the PO after work today. Being in East Tennessee, it shouldn't take long to get to you!

Robbi

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I received Sharon's block today. Thanks, Sharon. I think I will wait until the last few arrive and then post pictures again. All the blocks are great and I really appreciate the fun mail that has arrived this month.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Three more birthday blocks arrived yesterday! They are from Mary, Robbi, and Linda. Each one is great and thanks for the wishes, cards, and extra fabric (always appreciated.)
    I will post more pictures soon.
    Thanks, everyone!
    Jeanne

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

You are very welcome, Jeanne, and thanks for letting me know it arrived. Looking forward to seeing them all together.

SharonG/FL

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

In honour of your "un-birthday" being today - 14th February - and also Valentine's Day, we nominate you:

QUILTER OF THE DAY - have fun, but don't get tangled in all those ribbons and bows!

Kristene (tinyteena)

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Happy un-birthday, Jeanne!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Fay, your block arrived today so thank you --- and right on Valentine's Day!
    I have received from:
    Kristene (tinyteena)
    Fay (faytay)
    Mary (tuppermom)
    Linda (benken)
    Jayne (nanajayne)
    Katherine (justamomofsix)
    Beverly (grammyp)
    Sharon (geezerfolks)
    Kay (kay_in_pa)
    Cindy (quiltpartner)
    Robbi (lanfonda_ranch)
    and Sally's (salijo's) block is on its way.

All of the blocks are great so thank you all so much! I will post more pictures soon.

Jeanne

• wendyfaye
    13 years ago

Yay!! Just as I planned. Haha.

Can't wait to see them together. (no pressure)

Faye

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Here is a picture of the blocks so far. Aren't they pretty? I will be alternating these and quarter square triangle blocks made with white and Gamecock fabric so I will try to make one or two of the quarter square triangle blocks and take a picture of how that will look. It's the way it is shown on Quiter's Cache which is how I got the idea. Although these sure look lovely just the way they are; don't they? I think at least one block is still making its way to me, so I will post pictures of the individual blocks that have not been posted yet when they all get here.

Love the blocks from this swap!
    Jeanne

• salijo
    13 years ago

You should be getting my block at any time. I mailed it on Monday. Sometimes my mom in Florida has mailed something to me and I've gotten it in Indiana in just two days.

Salijo

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Sally, your block showed up in today's mail. Thanks so much! So now my report is that I have received from:

Kristene (tinyteena)
    Faye (faytay)
    Mary (tuppermom)
    Linda (benken)
    Jayne (nanajayne)
    Katherine (justamomofsix)
    Beverly (grammyp)
    Sharon (geezerfolks)
    Kay (kay_in_pa)
    Cindy (quiltpartner)
    Robbi (lanfonda_ranch)
    and Sally (salijo)

All 12! I really enjoyed my "unbirthday" - Thanks, everyone! I will come back to post pictures of the remaining blocks as soon as I get a chance.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Yes, I was slow getting back here to post picture so you could see all 13 blocks. I have had some dental issues that have caused pain: a root canal, a sinus infection, and a cold/virus all sort of on top of one another. It sure has made my head hurt, but I think I am finally starting to get better. I go to see two dentists next week (regular dentist and oral surgeon) so I don't know whether that will get things worse or better. You know how that goes! LOL

I finally took a picture today that included all 13 of the Sawtooth Star blocks. I also posted this on the March General Discussion thread. Thanks to all who sent these wonderful blocks!

{{!gwi}}

Jeanne