Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maetrand

Granddaughter with skirt she made

Freda
10 years ago

Thought I would show you the skirt my granddaughter made while I was there.
I ordered a kenmore sewing machine before I went to visit and it came while I was there. Very nice machine, It was on sale in sears cat.
I found a skirt pattern on line that was very easy to make and took my two granddaughters to the fabric store to get fabric for their skirts. The 3 yr old loves skirts and wants to wear them all the time. We made the skirts and I must say they were very easy to make. The 3 yr old wanted to help so put the pedal on the table and had her push it for me. Mallory helped cut hers out and sew it. She sewed the buttons across the bottom.
They were really happy with their skirts and the oldest took hers to school to show her friends. I heard Mallory tell her mom that she wanted her own sewing machine and DIL told her that grandma had bought that one for them to use. I was talking to her on the phone last night and she said "Grandma you left your sewing machine here". Told her I wasn't bringing that one home, it was theirs to use. She was really excited and started planning what we can make when I come to visit again. Said she wanted me to take her to the fabric shop again and she was going to go on face time with me and talk about what we can make. Hoping I got her interested in sewing!
Their is elastic in the waist and before I left I sewed it so that it was even and the gathers were not moving around and bunching in one spot.
http://www.ikatbag.com/2010/04/how-to-sew-skirt-when-you-are-5-years.html

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH