Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Funky Monkey' fabric

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 16:00

At the quilt guild meeting on Jan. 4, the program was a garage sale. About 10 people rented tables and brought in items for sale. I found this lunch box with over 5 yards of "Funky Monkey" fabric in it. The price was $5 for all of it. I don't know what pattern I am going to use, but I couldn't resist buying it.
Does anyone have a pattern suggestion?

Here is a link that might be useful: Funky Monkey fabric and lunch box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Funky Monkey' fabric

I am jealous! That is the sock monkey! I wanted to make one for my little g'son and I priced the red-heeled socks one needs to make them at they go for $11-15 a pair! When my daughter was born, my son was only a year old and I bought him a sock monkey at the gift shop since I was in hospital a week and I missed him and wanted him to have something special to play with. He went on to love Curious George, and anything with monkeys on it remind me of him. LOL.

No ideas, but what a wonderful find!

o

I LOVE Sock Monkey! I'm so jealous!
I would use him for some fussy-cut squares, an outer border and the backing for a quilt. Never mind making it for a child - I would keep that one for myself! Totally comforting to have something that reminds you of your first and favorite toy!

Kate

o

You'll come up with the perfect pattern for the perfect person......and we'll be waiting for the picture. @:) I think Kate is right....make it for an adult who remembers. Great find!

SharonG/FL

o

Here is a cute, quick pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goodnight monkey boy tutorial

o

I LOVE LUV LOVE that fabric....
That was a Very Very good buy.......
I am sure you will come up with a great pattern for it !!!!
bopeep

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here