Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

A good man.....my father

teresa_nc7
12 years ago

My dad died peacefully this morning at 10:15 am with his family and caregivers by his bedside. He was 89 in 2011 and lived a very full and blessed life up until the last three years when failing health meant he had to reside in the Memory Care center at the retirement community where he and my mom are living. A wonderful husband, father and grandfather was Charlie Clark. And the first great grandchild was born, a little boy, January 6, 2012, little Leonardo, born in Brazil.

Teresa

Comments (34)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry, Teresa. You knew this was coming but it's always so sad. I know you'll miss him and my thoughts are with you, your Mom and the boys.

• wynative
    12 years ago

(((HUGS))) to you and your family.

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss, and glad you have such wonderful memories of him.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I'm so glad to hear it was a peaceful end and a blessing that all his family was with him.

My thoughts are with you & your family.
    jen

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm relieved it was peaceful for him, but that never makes it easier for those left behind.

Peace to you and yours.

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Prayers for all!
    Theresa

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

Thoughts and prayers for your loss.
    Rita

• loisflan
    12 years ago

My condolences, Teresa. How wonderful that you have such beautiful memories of him. May they sustain you. Lois

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Linda

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm sorry for your loss. Your memories and the knowledge that he will live on in the lives of those who saw his good example will be a comfort. Hugs and comfort to you and your family.

SharonG/FL

• calliope
    12 years ago

My thoughts are also with you and your family, especially your mother. It's very hard to lose a beloved life partner, and of course a father, brother, grandparent. I'm sure you all felt very blessed to have him with you through a long life, and may God bless you all.

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Teresa,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Vasu

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm so sorry.

Donna

• karpet
    12 years ago

Teresa - I am so sorry.
    Karlene

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

(((Teresa)))

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

My heart goes out to you and yours. When a loved one passes on it leaved a void filled with memories. I am so happy you are left with happy ones. Your father sounds as though he was blessed.
    My son-in-law shares his name:Charlie Clark, he is a good man too.
    God be with you.
    Jayne

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Your Dad lived his life so admirably. I know he will be missed. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• User
    12 years ago

Teresa, your family is in my prayers. I am so sorry.

Dianne

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm so sorry for your lose. It sounds like you had a wonderful Dad.
    Take care of yourself
    WendyFaye

• day2day
    12 years ago

Teresa, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He sounds like he was wonderful man and I know you'll miss him.

~Geraldine

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories to cherish. You and your family are in my prayers.

Robbi

• fran1523
    12 years ago

My thoughts are with you Teresa. I'm sure he's gone to a better place.

• itsmesuzq
    12 years ago

What a wonderful tribute you wrote Teresa. My thoughts are with you all....

Susan

• byrdseay
    12 years ago

You and your family have my deepest sympathy and are in my prayers.
    Alice

• polardream
    12 years ago

Teresa, I am so sorry for your loss. It is really hard to lose a parent - I still miss my dad almost 17 years later! I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Sue

• wanda_va
    12 years ago

Teresa, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like your father had a blessed life. My father also turned 89 last May, and I thank the Lord every day for letting me have him here for so long...and for as long as his health is good. My condolences to your whole family. Hugs!

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

condolences to you and your family.

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Hugs to you Teresa. So sorry for your loss. Your sweet memories of him will be kept alive for little Leonardo to learn.

Rebecca

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

It is so hard to let them go. I hope for myself and mine that we are able to be as active as long as your father was.

Alzheimers runs in our family and my aunt suffered for over 10 years. Very sad!

Blessings for you and yours!
    Rosa

• lola99
    12 years ago

Teresa, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like your father was a wonderful man. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Lola

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Teresa,

My sympathies to you and your family.

Dee

• gininmn
    12 years ago

Teresa, My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Dad. May your memories of him help you as you grieve.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

A long distance hug to help you deal with your loss.
    Jeanne

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Hi Teresa,

I'm new here, but I wanted to offer up my sympathy and prayers that the Lord will give you peace during this difficult time.

My father was also 89 at the time of his passing two years ago, so I know what you are going through.

May you look forward to the time when you are reunited in Eternity.

Julie