Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Catching up... lotto, life, etc.

K8Orlando
11 years ago

First of all, sincere apologies to all who participated in the lotto during the last quarter of 2012. I know I dropped the ball - or should I say dropped a stitch? - but I have all the blocks counted and ready to go out to the winners for Oct, Nov, Dec. In the interest of picking winners quickly, I've given the list of participants for each month to this year's Lotto Masters so they can shuffle them up and draw names. I'll post the winners this evening and get the blocks mailed out on Wednesday, along with a package I have long owed Theresa.

I've missed this forum and all of you more than you can know! Hopefully I have my life and time back together well enough so I can do more than lurk once in a while. I've really lost track of everything that's going on here and will have to spend some time reading back over a few pages of posts!

But my computer is fixed, my broken thumb is healing nicely, my new job is finally under control, the Holidays are passed, my stream of company is over (mostly) and the mess in the sewing room is cleared away enough so I can get to the sewing machines. I have a new Juki TL2010qi so I'm eager to find time to work on my free motion skills! Life is good.

A big THANK YOU to all those friends who sent me emails, worried about my absence!

Kate

Comments (22)

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Kate I missed you but I figured you were busy.... I'd been wondering about that Juki! Welocme back! Glad to hear things are getting better and going well. :o)

Do you think you'll make the quilt show?

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Hi, Kate! Welcome back! Enjoy playing with that new Juki! :)

Donna

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Kate I missed you but I figured you were busy.... I'd been wondering about that Juki! Welocme back! Glad to hear things are getting better and going well. :o)

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I plan to be at the quilt show on the Saturday of the show. Probably early, but no specific plans yet. When are you going?

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I missed you too, but I thought it was all end of the year inventory and such at work. Plus, I got busy pulling weeds during our crazy warm spell and getting things organized for taxes.

OMG!!! How did you manage to break your thumb??

A new Juki is on my list too, you'll have to keep us posted.
    Rosa

• polardream
    11 years ago

Kate, welcome back. You have been missed. I am glad things are getting under control - sorry to hear about your thumb! Yikes.

Take care & I look forward to your posts!
    Sue

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

• bev2009
    11 years ago

The forum has been much quieter without you. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear how you broke your thumb.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Welcome back. You have been missed.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Welcome back. Sounds like the new year is off to a good start. Sounds like you'll all be having fun at the quilt show. Next one around here is next month.
    LindaB/CA

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

So sorry about your thumb! Glad things are getting back to normal for you. Looking forward to seeing you at the show this Sat.

Gwen (who is in major Lurkdom Status)

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

So sorry about your thumb! Glad things are getting back to normal for you. Looking forward to seeing you at the show this Sat.

Gwen (who is in major Lurkdom Status)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Kate, You don't know how glad I am to see you posting again! I missed you a lot! So happy that you're back with us.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Welcome back. I know you are glad to have your computer fixed. I certainly missed mine.

beverly

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wish I had some fun or dramatic story about the thumb, but the truth is that I was just reaching towards a cabinet to catch a platter that was falling out and jammed my thumb right into the edge of the cabinet. Hard. Really hard. My acrylic nail popped off and hit me in the forehead with enough force to leave a little red mark! Thumb started to swell and turn colors immediately. There was a LOT of colorful and fairly creative cursing and swearing. I didn't want to admit it was probably cracked but had to give in and get an xray the next day. Fractured it right across the bottom of the joint and had to wear a splint for two weeks, then tape for a couple more weeks. Right hand, of course. I did it the Friday before Christmas so had a little trouble cooking over the Holidays! The worst part was that it's my 'texting thumb' so using the cell phone was tough.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Good to see you back. I was getting concerned. Life can get overwhelming at times and aren't accidents like that the way it usually happens? Sort of like "I couldn't do that again if I tried" moments. I was put out of commission about this time last year when I slid on the ice walking to the road to pick up mail, usually my husband's task but I was afraid with his mobility problem he'd fall. LOL. The bum arm took a long time to heal and it was amazing what an impact something like that has on just everyday things you'd never expect to be impacted. I can't imagine not being able to quilt/sew for any extended period of time. Glad to see things are calming down to a new normal for you now.

• beth7happy
    11 years ago

Kate, you'll have to tie on a rope to keep up with yourself!! Glad you're getting back into the world you love!!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Yippee! 2 thumbs up --- you're baaack.....couldn't resist :)

• lola99
    11 years ago

Glad your thumb is mending.

I know its a bad pun, but magothyrivergirl started it!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Yes, I was beginning to worry about you. Those quilting Martians do sweep people off now and then, you know. At least that's what I keep telling my husband. Glad you're better.

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Kate... I am sorry about your thumb, but glad it is doing better, and that you are doing better overall :o)

The truth as I have found out is often more boring than crazy stories that people imagine.

I will likely go to the quilt show on Saturday as well, but not early because I work until 3 AM the night before...

Looking forward to Juki updates :o)

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Glad you are on the mend Kate.

Best to you,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia